- EMC's board is reportedly exploring a buyout by subsidiary VMware.
- The deal would involve VMware issuing a huge amount of new shares which would result in considerable share dilution.
- But VMware would reap huge dividends as a result, including getting cheap sales and owning EMC's wildly growing All-Flash Arrays business.
Latest Stock Market Analysis
Read articles on stock valuation based on stock market news. Below is a list of stock market articles sorted by date.
- The Apple Watch isn't as quick and responsive as a smartphone.
- However, these issues will likely be addressed through software and hardware upgrades.
- While the product category has a lot of promise, the Apple Watch has other costs pertaining to COGS and OpEx, which severely limits profit contribution over the next couple of years.
- Volumes would need to be ramped up to offset these costs, which limits the contribution to Apple earnings. On the other hand, it may provide some upward lift to revenues in key quarters.
- While I'm certain I'm on the exact margin impact, I don't view the product category negatively, as ...
- Last week saw panicky trading that left stocks little changed from where they were.
- The damage from the previous week has left investors with bargains a-plenty.
- But will their Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) over short-term trends stay their hand?
- Six tech IPOs held in August yielded more than 40% return from proposed price.
- Biotech boom is expected to continue as more companies led by Acelity, which is expected to raise $1B, file for IPO.
- Line postponed IPO, and an internal Uber document suggested the company is planning to go public in 2017.
- Chinese food delivery app Ele.me raised $630M in the biggest funding round of the week.
- Samsung Group's next CEO will be Lee Jae Yong. He's ambitious, capable, well-respected and could be a formidable obstacle in the path of Apple.
- However, the Group is spread too thin, even Samsung Electronics is facing key challenges in which the on-going expansion of core business units has resulted in an unfavorable competitive dynamic.
- This bodes well for Apple, as it's more specialized and is more efficient with various cost categories.
- Furthermore, the heir to Samsung Group is more likely to manage the business conservatively, despite having some support from key shareholders.
- Going forward, I anticipate Samsung to not only lose momentum in smartphones but ...
- West Texas Intermediate oil rallied 10% and stocks were off to the races.
- Shorts covered and tech stocks gained again.
- It looked bad at 3 PM but stocks rallied at the close.
- Qihoo 360 is due to report Q2 2015 results on Sept. 1. 2015.
- Qihoo has been enjoying considerable success with its new mobile search engine.
- The private buyout offer for the company remains in the cards despite the turmoil in the Chinese market.
- The short and long-term outlook for Qihoo 36o remains good.
- Walmart recently reported Q2 2016 results which made Walmart stock holders uneasy.
- The company missed analysts EPS consensus of $1.12 by 4 cents sending the Walmart stock further on a downward trend.
- The company's restructuring and growth strategy makes Walmart stock an attractive investment option for long term investors.
- U.S. stocks started strong and finished strong for a 4% gain
- Big techs led the way, with Amazon up almost $35/share
- Worries have switched to the strong dollar and the possibility of a Federal Reserve rate hike
- Healthcare SaaS provider ZocDoc joined the Unicorn's club after raising $130M at a $1.8B valuation.
- The company is focused on shifting the healthcare industry towards revolving around patients instead of around insurance companies and healthcare providers.
- The patient/doctor interaction market and ZocDoc focus areas suggest potential future growth.
- Salesforce.com recently delivered impressive quarterly results.
- The company's shares have, however, been following the broader market lower.
- Long-term Salesforce investors can still benefit in a market downturn.
- Stocks started the day sharply higher, but a wave of selling in the last hour sent them down over 1%.
- Big tech stocks held up well, big international stocks took it hard.
- China’s easing moves were praised, but were its computers behind the late-day selling?
- Coca Cola fundamentals are still very sound with the company paying out a 3.2% dividend yield. Even if the stock falls below $35 a share in the short term, income investors would receive more.
- Net income is set to rebound this year after declining earnings since 2011. I expect this year to be a defining trend changing year for the company.
- I think there is a good chance the US could enter another recession in the near term which is why a company with sound fundamentals is a must in one's-portfolio.
- Coca Cola has excellent in-house leadership. James Quincey would make an excellent ...
- Stocks crashed at the open, almost got back the loss, then crashed again at the close.
- The average share lost nearly 4%.
- The fall in Chinese markets could be the trigger for weakness today.
- Yelp stock is down 64% YTD, but could bounce back on improved local revenues.
- Local revenue at $107.9M for the quarter, adjusted EBITDA increasing YOY with target of up to 40% in the long term while brand advertising revenue declined.
- Brand advertising is decreasing as a % of total revenue, but Credit Suisse says it was doing more harm than good anyway.
- Once the Yelp Stock price falls back to where the company can be fairly priced, investors will see the good in the company due to its expanded services and acquisitions.
- Friday's big crash scared a lot of people, but some are bargain hunting now.
- Some analysts believe the capitulation isn't over and central banks don't have the ammunition to fight a looming recession.
- Don't discount the possibility of a snap-back rally.
Tech IPO News Weekly: Benitec Plunge, Samsung Bioepis IPO, and NBC Universals Investment In Buzzfeed
- Unrest in the global markets cast a shadow over the IPO market in the previous week.
- Australian biotech company, Benitec dropped 15% on IPO and closed at a discount to its ASX stock price.
- Samsung biotech arm is reportedly expected to go public this year.
- NBC Universal continues its new media investment with Buzzfeed following its earlier investment in Vox Media.
- Seagate has announced its intended merger with Dot Hill, a manufacturer of hybrid flash arrays.
- Seagate will pay a huge 88% premium for Dot Hill.
- What does Seagate's Buyout of Dot Hill portend for the flash storage industry?
- Major U.S. indices lost between 5.7% to 6.7% in what was the worst week in four years.
- Tech stocks received an even more ruthless hammering.
- There's good news from the U.S., but is good news really good news?
- Keep an eye on oil prices and the Chinese Yuan in the coming week.
- Markets look like they're heading lower, but a brief rally may precede such a move.
- Devices give much more revenue and profit to the brand than to the OEM.
- Apple has even managed to get Chinese to pay up for their own chips.
- It’s all about the software, and software is all about design.
- Stocks fell over 2% on Thursday, with many tech stocks falling more than 3%.
- This came despite strong economic fundamentals.
- China, oil and the Fed all got the blame as fear replaced greed.
- China's latest PMI data shows more pain could be ahead.
- China and oil combined could mean more weakness today.
At Amigobulls, we believe in fundamental stocks analysis. Our stock valuation comprises of studying a company's financials, its historical performance, and how it fares against its competitors. We believe that a person is not investing if he does not study a firm's fundamentals and the industry it belongs to, does thorough checks, understand the business performance, growth potential and the risks associated with the business. This kind of stock research primarily depends on studying financials. Apart for that, this kind of research needs to be supplemented with a sound understanding of difficult to gauge parameters or the qualitative aspects of a company like the management behind the business, intangibles like the company's goodwill, industry cycles etc. because numbers alone do not define the success of a company.
We do all of this for you and present in-depth articles which cover all these important aspects. We present our stock analysis with detailed arguments and easy to understand charts which paints a clear picture as to whether the company makes for a good investment or not. Read our articles for good investment advice and to understand the key drivers of your favorite stocks.
|The Medicines Company (MDCO)||41||7.36 (21.88%)|
|Crown Media (CRWN)||5.35||0.88 (19.69%)|
|EP Energy (EPE)||7.09||0.85 (13.62%)|
|Baytex Energy (BTE)||5.77||0.61 (11.82%)|
|Oasis Petroleum (OAS)||11.16||1.17 (11.71%)|
|Crescent Point Energy (CPG)||12.78||1.16 (9.98%)|
|Whiting Petroleum (WLL)||19.33||1.73 (9.83%)|
|Criteo (CRTO)||39.21||3.89 (9.03%)|
|Esperion Therapeutics (ESPR)||47.95||4.56 (8.68%)|
|Novavax (NVAX)||10.77||0.85 (7.31%)|
|Valhi (VHI)||2.82||0.19 (6.31%)|
|Imperva (IMPV)||59.58||3.93 (6.19%)|
|United Therapeutics (UTHR)||150.62||9.86 (6.14%)|
|Eagle Pharmaceuticals (EGRX)||78.55||5.12 (6.12%)|