Latest Stock Market Articles
Read articles on stock valuation based on stock market news. Below is a list of stock market articles sorted by date.
- BlackBerry beat bottom line estimates while missing on top line
- BlackBerry’s handset sales are down 5% Q-o-Q to 2 million from 2.1 million
- BlackBerry shares are down in pre-market trade due to growth concerns.
- In Part 2 of our 2015 IPOs series we look at the Uber & Spotify IPOs.
- We take you through revenue & valuations, and tell you how much it could cost you to own these companies.
- We round up other key facts you need to know, ahead of these upcoming IPOs.
- The e-commerce market is heating up with Facebook and Twitter earlier and now Google announcing a buy button.
- Google and Amazon have recently been challenging each other with Amazon launching its own ad network even as Google has made several moves into e-commerce.
- The successful introduction of a buy button will hold various positives for Google and could also provide the online search giant with additional monetization opportunities.
- Book value is often an important number for the fundamental investor and is used to calculate metrics like Price to book value ratio.
- The assets of Internet companies are often intangible in nature, and do not appear on balance sheets, which leads to lower book value per share and higher price to book ratio.
- The higher price to book ratio of technology companies could often lead to missing out on some good investments. Therefore, the relevance of book value for internet companies can be questioned.
- BlackBerry is slated to report Q3 2015 earnings before the bell on Friday, December 19th.
- On the back of its popular Passport smartphone launch, analysts expect BlackBerry to report an EPS of -$0.05 on a revenue of $937.41 million
- The company needs to report a strong performance if it wants to convince investors of its turnaround.
- Google’s Neal Mohan presents some key themes pertaining to its ad network, and ad-model during the Credit Suisse Technology Conference.
- Google has developed various methods to display ads to a legitimate audience.
- Mohan mentioned that programmatic ad-buying is starting to impact higher value-ads, a positive development for Google.
- Google is rolling out various services to improve the overall quality of banner/display ads.
- Berkshire Hathaway’s public stock holdings at the end of Q3 2014 stood at $107.8 billion, a $4 billion increase from the end of 2013.
- The holding in Wells Fargo and Co, at $24 billion continued to be Warren Buffett’s top holding, making up 22% of Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio.
- The oracle continued holding on to his 15 year old investment in coca cola, accounting for 9% ownership of the beverage giant.
- IDC has recently forecasted that PC shipment will consolidate over the next four years.
- However, recent trends in PC demand point to a resurgent opportunity on the back of PC refresh, and Windows 10.
- Two immediate investment ideas that come to mind are Apple and Microsoft.
- Both companies have exposure to traditional computers, and have stable fundamentals as well.
- Netflix’s stock price is highly contingent on subscriber growth.
- Recent analysis, and news indicates that the company may be doing better.
- Going forward, the CEO of Netflix anticipates that Netflix among many others will replace broadcast television.
- The data certainly confirms the mix-shift to SVOD, and other streaming services.
- Our three part series covers popular tech companies scheduled to IPO in 2015.
- We will look at Airbnb, DropBox, and BOX in part 1.
- We will look at the revenue and valuations for these IPO candidates.
- Facebook is investing heavily in Internet.org, a program aimed at providing internet access to people who aren’t online yet.
- Facebook wants to be a part of the “free & basic” internet access provided to every internet capable device even with no active data plan.
- Chinese minister visited Facebook’s campus. Is Facebook wooing China?
- Priceline & Expedia continue to stay away from TripAdvisor Instant Bookings.
- Instant Bookings could remain under-utilized if big OTAs refuse to sign up.
- TripAdvisor valuations make it a risky bet, even after the huge correction.
- eCommerce growth will be robust going into the holiday season.
- eBay and Amazon should be able to meet analyst consensus revenue estimates for the quarter.
- Fundamental concerns still linger; hence, both companies have a neutral rating.
- Microsoft has acquired Acompli.
- The deal doesn’t generate immediate accretion, but it will improve Microsoft Office capabilities in the foreseeable future
- This is important because Microsoft Office is the largest contributor to revenue.
- Frequent product updates are needed, for Microsoft to retain and grow its Office 365 subscriber base.
- Amazon has been taking steps to drive more dollars to its bottomline.
- However, pricing competition in major operating segments will increase the pressure on Amazon revenue growth and profitability over the coming quarters.
- Amazon’s losses could increase drastically as it competes with cash rich and highly profitable competitors.
- Facebook and Yahoo have acquired top video ad-buying platforms or RTBs.
- AOL has also shown significant improvement in reach lately.
- Online video advertising is the fastest growing ad format, and the competition is growing for Google.
- Airbnb has reportedly acquired Pencil Labs.
- Pencil Labs owns Wyth, a calendar plus messaging and scheduling app.
- Pencil Labs could add value to Airbnb offerings and resources.
- iOS users out spent their android counterparts on the Thanksgiving weekend.
- The higher value per order of iOS users and the higher share of online traffic led to iOS users driving higher share of Thanksgiving weekend sales.
- Billions of dollars in holiday spending, combined with the high potential of iOS users, presents Apple Pay with a significant monetization opportunity, which can drive Apple’s revenue growth.
- Amazon is expected to launch an online travel portal focused on hotel bookings for boutique hotels.
- The online travel industry enjoys higher profitability as compared to e-commerce, which could positively impact Amazon earnings, if executed effectively.
- The reducing operational efficiencies and slowing topline has shifted focus to earnings growth. Failure to deliver on this metric could lead to further corrections in stock price.
- New York Attorney General has declared that more than 75% of Airbnb’s listing in New York are illegal
- Despite legal challenges, Airbnb continues to grow at tremendous speed pushing up its valuation
- Continued legal and regulatory challenges in several jurisdictions is likely to delay Airbnb’s IPO
- Ctrip beat analyst consensus on both top and bottom line, reporting an EPS of $0.36 on a revenue of $368 million
- Ctrip’s top line growth was driven by high volume growth in accommodation and travel segment but resulted in significantly lower margins.
- Ctrip’s stock was down in after-hours trading on guidance which included Q4 net loss and slower than expected top line growth.
At Amigobulls, we believe in fundamental analysis of stocks. Our stock valuation comprises of studying a company's financials, its historical performance, and how it fares against its competitors. We believe that a person is not investing if he does not study a firm's fundamentals and the industry it belongs to, does thorough checks, understand the business performance, growth potential and the risks associated with the business. This kind of stock research primarily depends on studying financials. Apart for that, this kind of research needs to be supplemented with a sound understanding of difficult to gauge parameters or the qualitative aspects of a company like the management behind the business, intangibles like the company's goodwill, industry cycles etc. because numbers alone do not define the success of a company.
We do all of this for you and present in-depth articles which cover all these important aspects. We present our stock analysis with detailed arguments and easy to understand charts which paints a clear picture as to whether the company makes for a good investment or not. Read our articles for good investment advice and to understand the key drivers of your favorite stocks.
|Groupon (GRPN)||7.79||0.6 (8.34%)|
|Web.com (WWWW)||19.64||1.25 (6.8%)|
|Monster (MWW)||4.62||0.26 (5.96%)|
|NetEase (NTES)||102.32||4.58 (4.69%)|
|Yandex (YNDX)||18.09||0.79 (4.57%)|
|Sohu.com (SOHU)||52.15||2.18 (4.36%)|
|Bankrate (RATE)||12.02||0.49 (4.25%)|