articles on investing
- Amazon has historically pursued a topline focused strategy, which is being questioned by investors.
- Amazon’s reinvestment is generating lower sales than before, raising questions on the strategy of reinvesting more to drive topline growth.
- The cost trends in tandem with deteriorating trends in payables and inventory can take a toll on Amazon’s cash flow, the prime measure of the company’s performance.
- Our Amazon stock analysis reflects our negative long term outlook on Amazon.
- Twitter delivered exceptional revenue growth beating estimates by 10%.
- Twitter showed improvements on all metrics.
- Twitter is becoming more and more risky with rising valuations.
- Twitter is likely to beat its own revenue guidance and analyst estimates.
- Twitter engagement metrics should improve in Q2.
- Twitter is a risky bet at its current valuations.
- Yahoo reported disappointing Q2 2014 results with an increasing dependency on the company’s stakes in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan.
- Yahoo undertook a series of actions in order to minimize this dependency and close the gap on its competition.
- Yahoo’s short term disappointing results should be followed by long-term upside.
- Line is expected to IPO for more than $10 billion
- The IPO should mitigate the existing fears of Facebook over-paying for WhatsApp.
- Assuming Line can sustain a market capitalization in excess of $10 billion; WhatsApp will be worth more than $19 billion, assuming 1 billion monthly active users.
- Owning Facebook will give investors better exposure to mobile messenger services.
- Baidu delivered a solid quarter with strong growth and profitability.
- Baidu beat EPS estimates by a whopping 26%.
- Baidu is attractive at its current valuations for long term investment.
- Amazon delivered a disappointing Q2 earnings report after market hours yesterday.
- A topline beat was unable to quell investor fears who took note of the company's huge miss on the bottomline.
- Investors are looking forward to earnings growth and Amazon will have to deliver on this metric, sooner than later, to sustain its current valuations.
- Our Amazon stock analysis highlights the underside risks of Amazon’s stock, reflecting our long term negative outlook on the company.
- Facebook topped analyst consensus Non-GAAP EPS estimates of 0.32, by reporting Non-GAAP EPS of 0.42.
- Facebook beat estimates by 10 cents, as a result of aggressive cost control, paired with revenue growth at the upper end of the guidance range.
- The eventual deceleration on an annualized basis will occur in FY 2015, as a result of a much larger base.
- Baidu has diversified into multiple non-core business verticals.
- Baidu's profitability will be in focus in Q2 2014.
- Baidu is an attractive long term investment at its current valuations.
- Facebook’s revenue to top $3.6 billion for the second quarter of 2014.
- Facebook non-GAAP EPS will exceed 0.41.
- Growth in non-core web properties may surprise to the upside (WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger).
- Apple reported Q3 2014 EPS of $1.29, beating analyst estimates of $1.22 while missing the topline consensus estimates marginally.
- The 20% earnings growth was driven by margin expansion and share repurchase program.
- The margin expansion was on account of a favourable shift in product mix. Improving gross margins and further buybacks will continue to drive earnings growth over the next few quarters.
- Our Apple stock analysis reiterates our positive long term outlook on the stock.
- Microsoft beats on earnings and revenues excluding the impact from Nokia.
- It will take a full year for Microsoft to break-even on Nokia.
- The company's EPS for Q1 2015 will be $.64 based on a break-down of costs using guidance.
- Microsoft could beat on earnings in the next quarter if management is able to keep costs within tight control.
- Satya Nadella communicates that a united ecosystem will keep Windows relevant to application developers.
- Apple is set to report its Q3 2014 earnings today (July 22) after market close.
- Increased iPhone sales will drive topline growth with a favorable sales mix leading to margin expansion in Q3 2014. The Q4 2014 guidance will be critical as it will provide a view into Apple's upcoming product line-up
- Our Apple stock analysis reiterates our positive long term view on Apple, in anticipation of the upcoming product line-up to be unveiled in Q4 2013.
- Valuations of eBay are better than most blue chips in the eCommerce industry which is why investors are focusing on it.
- In the present situation, eBay’s core business is generating most of the revenues while Paypal accredits around 40 percent.
- Paypal is going to become eBay’s biggest source of revenue in the coming years.
• Netflix, the largest streaming service provider, is scheduled to report its Q2 2014 earnings after market close today. • The subscriber growth will be driven by a greater variety and uniqueness of content boosted by releases of in-house content and new content partnerships during the quarter. • We expect the company to report a strong growth in earnings as well as topline, driven by subscriber growth and price increases during the quarter. Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) is scheduled to report its Q2 2014 results after the closing bell on July 21. Here is a quick take on what to expect in the quarterly results. Netflix ...
- Google registered strong revenue growth in core and non-core businesses.
- Google’s profitability declined marginally while other key metrics improved.
- Google is an attractive long term investment option at its current stock valuations.
- Display ad pricing declined, even as ad sales increased. The net impact was a moderate decline in revenue.
- Yahoo! continues to consolidate its ad business via Gemini (ad platform).
- Yahoo! missed analyst consensus earnings estimates by a cent, the minor miss isn’t a big problem, but the inability to lower tax expenses on the Alibaba proceeds weakened sentiment.
- Guidance for the next quarter wasn’t very compelling, indicating that Yahoo’s! growth initiatives are expected to become more effective in fiscal year 2015.
- Google's core and non core businesses are likely to improve in Q2.
- Google's profitability is likely to improve in Q2 2014.
- Google is an attractive investment for the long term.
- ChannelAdvisor same store sales data for Q2 2014 suggests Amazon toppling revenue estimates for the quarter.
- However, the stock’s movement post Q1 2014 earnings suggests investors might be beginning to value earnings growth over revenue growth.
- The company has taken various steps to boost bottomline over the last two quarters.
- We re-iterate our negative long term outlook on Amazon stock, with concerns surrounding the company’s ability to deliver significant earnings growth.
- Google has solid revenue growth, profitability and cash flows.
- Google's long term outlook looks strong as non-core business also accelerates.
- Google valuations are attractive for long term investment.
- Facebook ad partner Nanigans has released its Facebook advertising report.
- The report points to solid growth in the CPC and CPM prices on the social network, with a higher CTR pointing to better targeting of ads.
- In view of the report we look forward to a solid topline and earnings growth in Facebook’s upcoming Q2 2014 earnings release.
- TripAdvisor is poised for a solid Q2 2014.
- Acquisitions and new features will drive growth.
- TripAdvisor is a risky bet at its current valuations.
Get stock analysis for:
Subscribe to our investing articles and newsletter
show top losers
|Vistaprint (VPRT)||49.26||11.53 (30.56%)|
|LivePerson (LPSN)||11.78||1.62 (15.94%)|
|Open Text (OTEX)||55.65||7.21 (14.88%)|
|Dice Holdings (DHX)||9.16||0.43 (4.93%)|
|Shutterfly (SFLY)||49.32||1.83 (3.85%)|
|Groupon (GRPN)||6.47||0.09 (1.41%)|
|NutriSystem (NTRI)||16.05||0.19 (1.2%)|
Top gaining stocks from internet industry
|NQ Mobile (NQ)||6.76||0.68 (9.14%)|
|Stamps.com (STMP)||31.63||2.87 (8.32%)|
|Qihoo 360 (QIHU)||91.15||7.85 (7.93%)|
|Perficient (PRFT)||16.99||1.38 (7.51%)|
|Demandware (DWRE)||60.24||3.91 (6.1%)|
|Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD)||41.84||2.47 (5.57%)|
|Global Eagle (ENT)||10.2||0.56 (5.2%)|
Top losing stocks from internet industry