Latest Stock Market Articles
Read articles on stock valuation based on stock market news. Below is a list of stock market articles sorted by date.
- LinkedIn beat revenue and EPS estimates in Q3 2014.
- Linked recorded improvements across operating metrics.
- LinkedIn valuations are expensive given the company's profitability.
- Interactive corp reported its Q3 2014 results before the market hours on October 28.
- The company beat analyst estimates on topline as well as bottomline, driven by improvements in its search and applications business and accelerated growth in the Match group revenue.
- The upcoming monetization of Tinder, revival of growth in the search and applications segment and improving monetization on its dating properties will be key value drivers over the coming quarters.
- Our IACI stock analysis assigns a buy rating to the stock, re-iterating our long term positive outlook on the stock
- In Q3 2014, Baidu missed revenue estimates marginally and beat earnings estimates.
- Revenue growth remained impressive. Improvements were seen in profitability and other metrics.
- Q4 2014 revenue guidance and implied full year revenue based valuations indicate potential upside.
- Akamai technologies reported its Q3 2014 numbers yesterday (October 29) after the market close.
- The company reported strong numbers, beating analyst consensus on both topline as well as bottomline.
- We expect the earnings growth to continue over the long term led by increased demand for media delivery services and internet security services.
- Our Akamai stock analysis reiterates our positive long term outlook on the stock.
- Facebook reported Q3 2014 earnings of 43 cents, beating analyst estimates by 3 cents.
- The reported revenue of $3.2 billion was 3% higher than analyst consensus estimates.
- The strong results failed to impress investors, as the stock was sold off in after-hours trade on concerns of lower guidance for Q4 2014.
- Akamai is scheduled to report its Q3 2014 earnings after the market close tomorrow.
- The street expects the company to report earnings per share of 57 cents on revenue of $490.15 million.
- We expect the company to beat the consensus estimates, and our Akamai stock analysis assigns the stock a positive rating.
- Yandex beat revenue and EPS estimates for Q3 2014.
- Improvements across operating metrics and new verticals are a positive.
- Yandex valuations indicate an upside potential of about 38%-41%.
- Twitter continued to deliver stellar revenue growth in Q3 2014.
- Twitter's user growth, engagement levels and Q4 revenue guidance are disappointing.
- Twitter valuations seem to be riding solely on revenue growth, making it a risky bet.
- As computing and display technologies improve, virtual reality and augmented reality technologies are being revived by major technology companies.
- Intense competition by Facebook/Oculus, Sony Morpheus and Samsung Gear VR/Blink undermined Google’s position as an industry leader.
- Investment in Magic Leap should help Google maintain its leading position.
- Microsoft reported a solid quarter, which was driven by better than expected growth in many of its reporting segments.
- Microsoft’s subscription businesses: Office 365, Xbox Live, Azure, Microsoft CRM, and Skype reported solid growth rates which drove consolidated revenue growth in the most recent quarter. Hardware also saw meaningful volume growth as well.
- However, revenue outlook for the next quarter was underwhelming.
- It’s highly likely that Microsoft low balled its revenue outlook, just to be conservative.
- Apple Pay was launched on Monday along with iOS 8.1.
- The service will continue to scale as the installed base of users, and the number of financial partners increase.
- Apple Pay may contribute $500 million - $1 billion revenue in Apple’s 2015 fiscal year.
- Apple’s payment network will impact the product/service ecosystem favorably, and will face limited competition.
- Facebook is expected to report its Q3 2014 results after market close on October 28.
- The company undertook a number of moves in Q3, which should drive both topline and bottomline performance in Q3, as suggested by the operating metrics tracked by Nanigans.
- We expect the company to report 48 cents earnings on revenue of 3.29 billion, well ahead of the street consensus of 40 cents earnings and $3.1 billion revenue.
- Twitter is expected to deliver strong revenue growth and user engagement.
- User growth will be the metric to watch out for.
- Twitter valuations make it a risky bet; Facebook is relatively more attractive.
- YouTube net US video ad revenue is expected to grow at a slower rate, due to increased competition, saturation of video ad space, and slowing engagement trends.
- However, the business should be able to scale despite its competitive environment due to favorable CPMs (cost per impressions) in the video ad space.
- While CPMs are high, content creators have yet to reach the scale in which it can compete with professional studios.
- Therefore, YouTube will have to invest more capital into content development, which will lower the overall profitability of the segment as content acquisition costs will increase considerably.
- Facebook ad partner Nanigans recently released its Facebook advertising benchmark report for Q3 2014.
- Nanigans reports a solid growth in CPC and CPM prices on the social network, even as the CTR continued to grow.
- The Nanigans report hints at yet another quarter of solid revenue and earnings growth at Facebook.
- Zillow agreed to acquire Trulia in a $3.5B deal that should create an online real estate giant that controls around 60% of the market.
- With only 6% of the real estate advertising originating on the digital players, the online real estate market withholds a massive growth opportunity.
- News Corp acquired Move for almost $1B in cash in order to use its media network and seize the growth opportunity in the online real estate market.
- Zillow faces not only increased competition but also a possible examination from the FTC that may impact the stock price in the short term.
- Yelp is scheduled to report its Q3 2014 earnings on October 22nd after the market close.
- Analyst consensus estimates earnings of 3 cents per share on revenue of $98.9 million.
- The company will report in-line with estimates and is more of a long term play which will benefit from the growth opportunity in the local business online advertising.
At Amigobulls, we believe in fundamental analysis of stocks. Our stock valuation comprises of studying a company's financials, its historical performance, and how it fares against its competitors. We believe that a person is not investing if he does not study a firm's fundamentals and the industry it belongs to, does thorough checks, understand the business performance, growth potential and the risks associated with the business. This kind of stock research primarily depends on studying financials. Apart for that, this kind of research needs to be supplemented with a sound understanding of difficult to gauge parameters or the qualitative aspects of a company like the management behind the business, intangibles like the company's goodwill, industry cycles etc. because numbers alone do not define the success of a company.
We do all of this for you and present in-depth articles which cover all these important aspects. We present our stock analysis with detailed arguments and easy to understand charts which paints a clear picture as to whether the company makes for a good investment or not. Read our articles for good investment advice and to understand the key drivers of your favorite stocks.
|Groupon (GRPN)||7.31||1.32 (22.04%)|
|MercadoLibre (MELI)||136.15||20.95 (18.19%)|
|Sohu.com (SOHU)||48.59||2.79 (6.09%)|
|Dice Holdings (DHX)||9.97||0.54 (5.73%)|
|21Vianet (VNET)||20.92||1.09 (5.5%)|
|Expedia (EXPE)||84.97||4.24 (5.25%)|
|Qihoo 360 (QIHU)||72.98||3.62 (5.22%)|