Latest Stock Market Analysis
Read articles on stock valuation based on stock market news. Below is a list of stock market articles sorted by date.
- Home Depot (NYSE: HD) EPS increased by 21% to $1.21 in Q1 2015 as compared to Q1 2014; after tax audit settlement, the company earned $ 1.16 per share beating analyst estimates of $ 1.15 per share
- Revenue increased 6.1% to $ 20.9 Bn relative to Q1 2014 and beat the analyst estimates of $20.8 Bn
- Company raised its fiscal 2015 guidance for revenue growth, comparable store sales and diluted EPS growth (from $5.14 initially to $5.25)
- The virtual and augmented reality market is continually progressing and expected to turn into the next big consumer electronics device.
- Most leading vendors marked 2016 as the year to launch their devices.
- As we are getting closer to 2016, more information is unveiled, and we can start putting the pieces together.
- Baidu reported disappointing Q1’15 results with light guidance that sent the stock 7 percent downhill.
- The company positioned itself as a follower with little innovation, which is reflected in the decreasing margins.
- In the long term, the company will experience further pain before its transformation process is done.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) fair value estimate is $ 48.50, which has upside of only 2.43% as compared to its closing price $47.35 as on 12 May 2015.
- Launch of Windows 10 might affect the revenue negatively due to its revenue recognition policy, however, there won't be any impact on cash flows
- Other products like, Surface Pro 3, Xbox, Cloud based services, have a potential to increase revenue marginally.
- The company has a stable dividend policy and with $ 26.1 bn remaining of their $40 bn share repurchase program, they might add value to shareholders
- Recent integration and restructuring expenses resulted in lower Net Income
- Forbes recently published an article stating that Apple should buyout IBM.
- The combined organization would be large, but there's limited strategic value in merging the two companies.
- Even if the deal could generate some accretion, creating long-term value out of the combined business would be extremely difficult, as the two companies really aren't compatible.
- A Microsoft and IBM merger would make more sense from the context of economics, as it would lower competition, and create a central market place for enterprise apps & computing.
- Even if Apple's cash pile were to match the size of IBM's market cap, share buybacks and investing in organic ...
- After the quarterly earnings conference call, there was a lot of confusion around Apple Watch gross margins.
- After doing further due diligence, it seems that supply chain issues are increasing costs.
- However, with enough volume, the gross margin figure will likely improve.
- After reviewing accounting notes from both Apple and Microsoft, and reviewing figures from IHS, I anticipate gross margins for the device to be 51%.
- Admittedly, this is the gross margin I anticipate after various supply chain kinks have been resolved, and enough volume is achieved to offset various fixed costs.
- Twitter valuations have improved post Q1 2015 earnings.
- However, revenue growth is projected to nearly halve in 2015.
- With no major improvement in user addition, Twitter needs to focus on profits.
- Canadian commerce services provider Shopify filed for IPO, seeking to raise $100M in $1B valuation.
- Company presents impressive triple digit growth rates and a very appealing revenue multiple.
- In light of the sharp surge in Etsy’s IPO share price, investors should be very careful not to buy when valuation is not compelling.
- Amazon finally removed the curtain of confidentiality from its cloud computing division, AWS.
- With an impressive sales growth and amazing operating margin, AWS is a major factor in Amazon’s profitability.
- AWS received much attention lately and had a significant impact on the company’s stock price and analysts’ price targets.
- Akamai reported its Q1 2015 earnings after the market close on April 28, reporting in line with analyst estimates on revenue as well as earnings.
- The strong growth in security services was a huge positive following the launch of new security products through the quarter.
- Our Akamai stock analysis reiterates our positive long term outlook on Akamai.
- Apple's revenue grew by 27%, way faster than it did in Q2 a year ago.
- iPhone sales continued to drive revenue growth, accounting for 69% of revenue in Q2.
- Apple has now sold more iPhones in Q1 and Q2 2015, than it did in 3 quarters in FY 2014.
- Apple reported solid profit margins with a 40% expansion in earnings per share.
- Apple's enhanced capital return program and strong revenue guidance are positives.
- E-commerce service provider, Baozun, filed for IPO last week.
- The company provides end-to-end e-commerce services for international brands looking to penetrate the Chinese e-commerce market.
- Baozun is well positioned as the market leader to benefit from the impressive growth rates expected in the Chinese e-commerce services market.
- Google missed analyst estimates or revenue dragged by currency fluctuations.
- Google's net margin was impacted by a higher tax rate.
- Google's future outlook looks strong, as the company focuses on app distribution.
- Facebook beat earnings estimates, but missed revenue estimates dragged by currency fluctuations.
- Facebook’s profit margins declined in line with expectations.
- Facebook’s revenue growth remained at enviable levels in spite of the marginal miss.
- Strong user growth remains Facebook’s strength and could drive revenue in the coming quarters.
- Yahoo saw its revenue grow by 8% in Q1 and continued to show progress on mobile.
- High Traffic Acquisition Costs (TAC) dragged profitability in Q1.
- Yahoo's projected revenue growth in Q2 and reduction in TAC are positives.
- Yahoo re-iterated its Q4 target for the Alibaba spin-off and is exploring options for its Yahoo Japan stake.
- NetEase revenue growth has rebounded significantly in 2014.
- NetEase has robust profit margins and healthy cash flows.
- With its PE ratio significantly lower than the industry PE, NetEase is attractive.
- Qihoo has doubled its revenue every year with accelerating growth rates.
- Qihoo's operating and net profit margins have improved significantly.
- Qihoo valuations are attractive, with its lower than industry PE.
- Twitter earnings for Q1 2015 are due to be reported on 28 April.
- Twitter valuations are expensive, going into Q1 earnings.
- User growth, engagement levels and profit margins are the number to watch out for.
- Outbrain is the leader of the content recommendation market, with a 25% share.
- The company generated revenues of $260M in 2014 with an 80% annual CAGR.
- Outbrain is valued at a very appealing PS multiple that will attract a high demand for the IPO.
- Within a reasonable price range, this is an attractive IPO to participate in.
- Yandex is down by about 36% YTD, in spite of the 27% recent rally in stock price.
- Yandex valuations are attractive going into Q1 earnings, with a strong upside potential.
- However, the macro economic uncertainties surrounding the Russian economy, make it a risky bet right now.
- Twitter's user growth has slowed significantly and user engagement has declined.
- Twitter's revenue growth could become a function of growth in user monetization rates.
- Twitter's revenue growth could slow to just over 60% in 2015.
At Amigobulls, we believe in fundamental stocks analysis. Our stock valuation comprises of studying a company's financials, its historical performance, and how it fares against its competitors. We believe that a person is not investing if he does not study a firm's fundamentals and the industry it belongs to, does thorough checks, understand the business performance, growth potential and the risks associated with the business. This kind of stock research primarily depends on studying financials. Apart for that, this kind of research needs to be supplemented with a sound understanding of difficult to gauge parameters or the qualitative aspects of a company like the management behind the business, intangibles like the company's goodwill, industry cycles etc. because numbers alone do not define the success of a company.
We do all of this for you and present in-depth articles which cover all these important aspects. We present our stock analysis with detailed arguments and easy to understand charts which paints a clear picture as to whether the company makes for a good investment or not. Read our articles for good investment advice and to understand the key drivers of your favorite stocks.
|Ctrip (CTRP)||84.63||12.64 (17.56%)|
|Youku Tudou (YOKU)||30.75||3.78 (14.02%)|
|Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT)||26.22||1.96 (8.08%)|
|SouFun (SFUN)||8.03||0.58 (7.79%)|
|Quest Diagnostics (DGX)||79.6||5.72 (7.74%)|
|Renren (RENN)||3.7||0.25 (7.25%)|
|Expedia (EXPE)||113||7.11 (6.71%)|
|Banco Bradesco (BBDO)||8.8||1.45 (14.15%)|
|Jumei International (JMEI)||25.4||2.63 (9.38%)|
|Marvell Technology (MRVL)||13.14||1.23 (8.56%)|
|Braskem (BAK)||8.54||0.54 (5.95%)|
|Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG)||6.56||0.39 (5.61%)|
|Companhia De Saneamento Basico (SBS)||5.89||0.34 (5.46%)|
|Esperion Therapeutics (ESPR)||107.94||5.83 (5.12%)|