Latest Stock Market Articles
Read articles on stock valuation based on stock market news. Below is a list of stock market articles sorted by date.
- Apple Pay was launched on Monday along with iOS 8.1.
- The service will continue to scale as the installed base of users, and the number of financial partners increase.
- Apple Pay may contribute $500 million - $1 billion revenue in Apple’s 2015 fiscal year.
- Apple’s payment network will impact the product/service ecosystem favorably, and will face limited competition.
- Facebook is expected to report its Q3 2014 results after market close on October 28.
- The company undertook a number of moves in Q3, which should drive both topline and bottomline performance in Q3, as suggested by the operating metrics tracked by Nanigans.
- We expect the company to report 48 cents earnings on revenue of 3.29 billion, well ahead of the street consensus of 40 cents earnings and $3.1 billion revenue.
- Twitter is expected to deliver strong revenue growth and user engagement.
- User growth will be the metric to watch out for.
- Twitter valuations make it a risky bet; Facebook is relatively more attractive.
- YouTube net US video ad revenue is expected to grow at a slower rate, due to increased competition, saturation of video ad space, and slowing engagement trends.
- However, the business should be able to scale despite its competitive environment due to favorable CPMs (cost per impressions) in the video ad space.
- While CPMs are high, content creators have yet to reach the scale in which it can compete with professional studios.
- Therefore, YouTube will have to invest more capital into content development, which will lower the overall profitability of the segment as content acquisition costs will increase considerably.
- Facebook ad partner Nanigans recently released its Facebook advertising benchmark report for Q3 2014.
- Nanigans reports a solid growth in CPC and CPM prices on the social network, even as the CTR continued to grow.
- The Nanigans report hints at yet another quarter of solid revenue and earnings growth at Facebook.
- Zillow agreed to acquire Trulia in a $3.5B deal that should create an online real estate giant that controls around 60% of the market.
- With only 6% of the real estate advertising originating on the digital players, the online real estate market withholds a massive growth opportunity.
- News Corp acquired Move for almost $1B in cash in order to use its media network and seize the growth opportunity in the online real estate market.
- Zillow faces not only increased competition but also a possible examination from the FTC that may impact the stock price in the short term.
- Yelp is scheduled to report its Q3 2014 earnings on October 22nd after the market close.
- Analyst consensus estimates earnings of 3 cents per share on revenue of $98.9 million.
- The company will report in-line with estimates and is more of a long term play which will benefit from the growth opportunity in the local business online advertising.
- Apple reported Q4 2014 EPS of $1.42, handily beating Wall Street consensus on both the topline as well as bottomline.
- The 20% YoY earnings growth continued the second quarter in a row, driven largely by the share repurchase program.
- Our Apple stock analysis assigns a buy rating to the stock.
- Stock investing is largely about researching and understanding a company.
- Knowing when to invest, hold or buy is what makes an investor successful.
- Hence it is critical to understand various warning signs in order to differentiate a good stock investment from a bad one.
- Microsoft is scheduled to announce its Q1 2015 results after the market close on October 23.
- Recent events include expansion of partnership with Salesforce and the launch of Windows 10 preview.
- Analyst consensus estimates earnings of 49 cents on revenue of $22 billion. An earnings beat could reverse the recent downward trend in Microsoft stock while a beat could hasten the sell-off.
- Google revenue and Non-GAAP EPS missed estimates in Q3 2014.
- Google's revenue growth was strong and profitability was lower partly due to non-cash expenditures.
- Google valuations indicate a huge upside potential.
- With a dominant position in the Chinese internet market and after the failure in Japan, Baidu focused on international growth in Southeast Asia, South America and Arab countries.
- After Baidu introduced local site and development office in Brazil, Southeast Asia and Egypt it announced acquisition of the Brazilian local e-commerce site Peixe Urbano.
- Peixe Urbano will allow Baidu to penetrate the e-commerce market and compete with Amazon, eBay and Alibaba in Brazil.
- In the future, Baidu could use the Peixe Urbano platform to grow its e-commerce business globally.
- IACI management has put in a steep target for the dating business with a FY 2016 segmental EBITDA of $500 million
- Usage on dating sites is rapidly rising with MAU’s increasing 60% YoY in Q2 2014.
- Stabilization of app revenues and improvements in dating monetization could lead to huge upside in IACI stock.
- eBay reported a decent quarter (slight miss on revenue but earnings met expectations).
- The company has responded to competitive threats aggressively by mentioning that its own NFC payment service that will soon be launched and increasing marketing spend in the Marketplace segment.
- Outlook for the next quarter slightly missed expectations.
- However expectations over a spin-off offset the negatives from the most recent quarterly earnings announcement.
- Netflix reported a miss on subscriber figures for the most recent quarter, even as earnings and revenues either met or beat expectations.
- In Q3, Netflix free cash flow trends have worsened, which was driven by the upfront cost of content that has yet to be amortized.
- Netflix’s guidance figure indicated a much lower contribution margin figure in foreign markets; as a result the full-year EPS figures will miss consensus estimates.
- Earnings growth is highly unlikely in the short term. However, the company may return to respectable growth rates once the European subscription business operates at a much more meaningful scale.
- Google's stock is down by 12% in under a month.
- Google is financially robust with accelerating revenue growth.
- Google valuations indicate that it is currently undervalued.
- Akamai’s stock is down by over 14% in less than a month.
- Akamai’s valuations indicate an overreaction to Apple’s CDN launch.
- Akamai has a huge upside potential at its current stock price.
- Apple is set to report its Q4 and FY 2014 earnings on Oct 20th after market close.
- Increased iPhone sales driven by iPhone 6 will drive topline growth while profit margin expansion will be fuelled by higher ASP’s for the latest models.
- Our Apple stock analysis assigns a buy rating to the stock, with strong topline and earnings growth expected over the next year.
At Amigobulls, we believe in fundamental analysis of stocks. Our stock valuation comprises of studying a company's financials, its historical performance, and how it fares against its competitors. We believe that a person is not investing if he does not study a firm's fundamentals and the industry it belongs to, does thorough checks, understand the business performance, growth potential and the risks associated with the business. This kind of stock research primarily depends on studying financials. Apart for that, this kind of research needs to be supplemented with a sound understanding of difficult to gauge parameters or the qualitative aspects of a company like the management behind the business, intangibles like the company's goodwill, industry cycles etc. because numbers alone do not define the success of a company.
We do all of this for you and present in-depth articles which cover all these important aspects. We present our stock analysis with detailed arguments and easy to understand charts which paints a clear picture as to whether the company makes for a good investment or not. Read our articles for good investment advice and to understand the key drivers of your favorite stocks.
|Digital River (DRIV)||25.65||8.27 (47.58%)|
|Constant Contact (CTCT)||32.01||2.85 (9.77%)|
|Overstock.com (OSTK)||21.3||1.81 (9.29%)|
|MercadoLibre (MELI)||112.16||4.76 (4.43%)|
|Open Text (OTEX)||53.23||2.07 (4.05%)|
|YY (YY)||81.94||3.19 (4.05%)|
|VeriSign (VRSN)||58.55||2.21 (3.92%)|