Latest Stock Market Articles
Read articles on stock valuation based on stock market news. Below is a list of stock market articles sorted by date.
- A look into the federal structure of EMC
- Growth of cloud computing and how EMC can pursue an aggressive policy in this fast growing market.
- Advantages of selling the stake in VMware
- Ctrip is scheduled to announce its Q3 earnings number on November 25, 2014.
- Ctrip’s topline is likely to continue its growth momentum on the back of growth in Chinese market and its partnership with Priceline.
- Ctrip’s profitability is likely to worsen with analysts estimating 50% drop on Year on Year basis.
- Facebook could leverage its huge user base for Facebook At Work.
- Facebook At Work could drive user growth, monetization and revenue.
- Facebook At Work could be a window to China.
- Stock buyback policy and its impact on the firm.
- HP undertook some of the biggest M&A follies in the past decade.
- The splitting up of HP into two entities marks the start of a new chapter.
- Groupon recently acquired in-store analytics start-up Swarm Mobile.
- The acquisition could go a long way in increasing the merchant attractiveness and improve the targeting ability of Groupon.
- The improved targeting abilities will increase user engagement and drive Groupon’s revenue per user leading to higher revenue growth.
- Netflix’s cost structure is more or less manageable, but short-term factors like entry into new markets may weigh on cash flow.
- Netflix’s pricing structure is expected to improve with added pricing tiers, which will expand margins due to content being the biggest cost component of operating expenditures.
- The business has yet to saturate a meaningful amount of its geographic mix, which gives encouraging outlook on potential subscriber growth.
- Facebook has consciously unbundled its core website and also acquired valuable properties over the last couple of years.
- The strategy has led to a portfolio of apps including Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram, which could be an envy of competitors.
- The monetization potential of each of these could lead to significant growth in revenues and could drive Facebook valuation.
- S&P assigned Twitter debt with a junk rating.
- The rating raises questions about Twitter’s stock rating.
- Twitter valuations coupled with other parameters make it a risky bet.
- BlackBerry's revenue has declined 83.5% from Q4 2012
- John Chen has managed to slow the decline by cutting costs, launching Passport and focusing on Enterprise Solutions.
- BlackBerry's stock price has doubled since December 2013.
- During the Facebook Q&A, Mark highlights key points on how his team views their service, and how they will continue to improve upon it.
- Many of the recent changes to Facebook were strategic in nature and have correspondingly improved qualitative and financial metrics.
- Facebook prices its ads at a premium, and continues to scale the business model globally, which gives the business a compelling growth trajectory.
- Xiaomi took over the Chinese smartphone market with 14% market share and outperformed Samsung and Apple there.
- Xiaomi settles for small profit margin for its high-end smartphones, which enables it to offer high-end smartphones for competitive price compared with Apple and Samsung.
- Xiaomi grew number of shipments every quarter and entered the top five worldwide smartphone vendors.
- After it took over the Chinese market in a very short time, Apple and Samsung should be concerned by Xiaomi’s global expansion plans.
- Facebook and Twitter valuations have corrected post their Q3 earnings.
- Facebook is well ahead of Twitter on nearly all fronts.
- Twitter valuations indicate a 14% downside potential.
- Measures of risk appetite such as the ratio of consumer discretionary stocks to consumer staples and small caps to large caps are in decline, pointing to a changed market environment.
- Participation in this advance is thinning, as fewer and fewer stocks are making new highs with the market.
- These are the type of market conditions in which the market tops form and at the least provide juicy opportunities on the short side.
- Pandora recently announced its Q3 2014 results, beating analyst consensus estimates on both topline and bottomline.
- Other user metrics and operating metrics came in-line or ahead of expectations.
- While competition from can pose a serious threat, Pandora’s focus on the automobile sector could lead to growth in revenue and earnings.
- TripAdvisor beat revenue estimates, but missed adjusted EPS estimates.
- TripAdvisor profit margins could slide further in Q4 2014.
- TripAdvisor valuations are expensive, making TRIP a risky bet.
- Priceline reported Q3 2014 results on November 4 before market hours.
- The company beat analyst consensus on both topline and bottomline, reporting $2.84 billion in revenue and Non-GAAP earnings per share of $22.16.
- The stock was hammered in a sell-off on account of Q4 2014 guidance, which was sharply lower than analyst estimates.
- We reiterate our positive long term outlook on Priceline stock post Q3 results, as reflected in our Priceline stock analysis.
- Buffett’s best acquisitions have come when GDP is greater than the total market capitalization of stocks.
- According to the Buffet indicator, stock markets are at its highest level since the euphoria in 1999-2000
- Investors need to exercise caution as stock prices have gotten too far ahead of fundamentals.
- Alibaba announced its Q2 Earnings results beating revenue estimates by 5% while meeting earnings estimate.
- The growth in revenues was primarily driven by increase in active users and mobile GMV.
- Growth in internet penetration in China and increase in percentage of people shopping online will drive Alibaba’s future growth.
- Amazon is the market leader in the cloud services market with a bigger market share than Google, Microsoft, Salesforce and Rackspace.
- Amazon web services, once perceived as a stable growing revenue stream now experiences extreme difficulties driven by a decline in revenues and increased competition.
- As the big data and cloud services market are rapidly growing, they can be easily impacted by relatively minor events. Amazon investors should track the sentiment around the big data software vendors.
- Groupon reported a fairly solid quarter beating on revenue while missing earnings marginally.
- Billings grew significantly on a year-over-year basis, which came as a result of higher conversion on mobile, paired with improving mobile active user metrics.
- Going forward, Groupon will beat analyst estimates as guidance was conservative, and various growth catalysts should materially impact earnings and revenue.
- Priceline is slated to report its Q3 2014 numbers on Nov 4th before market hours.
- Analysts estimate the company to report Non-GAAP EPS of $21.31 on revenue of $2.84 billion.
- Priceline’s huge and rapidly growing international bookings share will face headwinds from the appreciating dollar, negatively impacting revenues and earnings to that extent.
- Our Priceline stock analysis assigns a buy rating to the stock.
At Amigobulls, we believe in fundamental analysis of stocks. Our stock valuation comprises of studying a company's financials, its historical performance, and how it fares against its competitors. We believe that a person is not investing if he does not study a firm's fundamentals and the industry it belongs to, does thorough checks, understand the business performance, growth potential and the risks associated with the business. This kind of stock research primarily depends on studying financials. Apart for that, this kind of research needs to be supplemented with a sound understanding of difficult to gauge parameters or the qualitative aspects of a company like the management behind the business, intangibles like the company's goodwill, industry cycles etc. because numbers alone do not define the success of a company.
We do all of this for you and present in-depth articles which cover all these important aspects. We present our stock analysis with detailed arguments and easy to understand charts which paints a clear picture as to whether the company makes for a good investment or not. Read our articles for good investment advice and to understand the key drivers of your favorite stocks.
|Web.com (WWWW)||17.76||0.79 (4.66%)|
|Baidu (BIDU)||245.3||6.91 (2.9%)|
|Qihoo 360 (QIHU)||69.36||1.81 (2.68%)|
|NetEase (NTES)||105.23||2.53 (2.46%)|
|MercadoLibre (MELI)||138.71||2.73 (2.01%)|
|Blucora (BCOR)||14.24||0.28 (2.01%)|
|Yandex (YNDX)||26.67||0.52 (1.99%)|