Brookdale Senior Living Stock Analysis (NYSE:BKD)
Brookdale Senior Living Analysis Video
View Brookdale Senior Living stock analysis video. This is our BKD analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for BKD stock.
Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. Stock Rating (2.8/5)
Our Brookdale Senior Living stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Brookdale Senior Living stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy BKD stock?
- BKD stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 6.7 which is better than the industry average of 22.3.
- The lower PS ratio 0.5 for BKD stock versus Medical-Nursing Homes industry average of 4.7 is a positive for the company.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 1.6%.
Should you sell BKD stock?
- Brookdale Senior Living sales declined by -2.2% year on year in 2016 Q4.
- Over the last 5 years, the company registered a poor revenue growth of 15.3%.
- Brookdale Senior Living reported an average operating margin of -0.6% over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Brookdale Senior Living had an average Net loss of -8.1%.
- Brookdale Senior Living has a debt/equity ratio of 2.91, which is worse than the average in the Medical sector.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -0.2%, which is a red flag.
- Brookdale Senior Living has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -17.3%, indicating the company is not profitable.