CBS Corp Stock Analysis (NYSE:CBS)
CBS Corp Analysis Video
View CBS Corp stock analysis video. This is our CBS analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for CBS stock.
CBS Corporation Stock Rating (3.1/5)
Our CBS Corp stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This CBS Corp stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy CBS stock?
- CBS Corp had a healthy average operating margin of 41.8% over the last 4 quarters.
- LTM Net margins were good at 9% for CBS Corp.
- The price to earnings multiple of 16.4 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 20.1.
- CBS Corp generates a high return on invested capital of 21.9%.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for CBS Corp at 24.8%.
Should you sell CBS stock?
- CBS Corp sales shrank by -10% year-over-year in 2016 Q4.
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of of the last 5 years.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 2.54, CBS Corp is highly leveraged in comparison to Consumer Discretionary peers.
- CBS stock is trading at a PS multiple of 2, which is a negative when compared to the Broadcasting-Radio-TV industry average multiple of 1.5.