Consolidated Edison Quarterly Cash Flow Statement 2014 Q2 Q1, 2013 Q4 Q3 Q2
Financial analysis requires an investor to check the cash flow projection of Consolidated Edison company. In simple terms, the cash flow statement measures the cash that has come in to the company, and the cash that has gone out during a given period. Consolidated Edison purchased 1M ED shares. The cash flow statement also provides more information for evaluating changes in assets, liabilities and equities. Consolidated Edison had inflow of 1.03B from operating activities, 238M inflow from financing activities, and 599M spend from investing activities for 2014-Q2. View details of assets and liabilities for Consolidated Edison for latest & last 40 quarters.
|Fiscal year is Jan - Dec.||2014-Q2||2014-Q1||2013-Q4||2013-Q3||2013-Q2||2013-Q1||2012-Q4||2012-Q3||2012-Q2||2012-Q1|
Consolidated Edison Net Income Cash Flow
|Depreciation Depletion Amortization Cash-Flow||526M||261M||1.03B||764M||506M||261M||997M||741M||491M||264M|
|Net Increase (Decrease) in Assets Liabilities||9M||-408M||498M||-414M||84M||-551M||-35M||-264M||234M||-305M|
|Cash From (used in) Discontinued Operations||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Adjustments Net||148M||10M||-42M||60M||19M||14M||496M||227M||28M||163M|
Consolidated Edison Net Cash from (used by) Operating Activities
|Increase (Decrease) in Prop Plant And Equipment||-1.29B||-606M||-2.76B||-1.99B||-1.34B||-676M||-2.24B||-1.64B||-1.16B||-523M|
|Acquisition Disposition of Subsidiaires||108M||-||-||-||-||-||-337M||-286M||-||-|
|Increase (Decrease) in Investments||-107M||-44M||-82M||-86M||18M||13M||58M||55M||25M||33M|
|Other Cash Inflow (Outflow) from Investment Activities||51M||16M||178M||185M||106M||-||-||-||28M||-|
Consolidated Edison Net Cash from (used by) Invesment Activities
|Issuance (Purchase) of Equity Shares||-2M||-1M||-8M||-4M||-2M||-1M||-248M||-255M||-251M||-8M|
|Issuance (Repayment) of Debt Securities||372M||650M||210M||212M||213M||191M||95M||96M||398M||399M|
|Increase (Decrease) in Bank & Other Borrowings||80M||-621M||912M||681M||753M||482M||539M||340M||800M||-|
|Payment of Dividends & Other Cash Distributions||-368M||-184M||-721M||-540M||-360M||-180M||-712M||-527M||-352M||-178M|
|Other Cash from (used by) Financing Activities||-6M||-6M||-6M||-12M||-12M||-7M||-4M||-4M||-4M||-4M|
Consolidated Edison Net Cash from (used by) Financing Activities
|Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Cash||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Consolidated Edison Net Change in Cash & Cash Equivalents
|Cash & Equivalents at Beginning of Year||394M||648M||338M||260M||74M||210M||94M||81M||26M||49M|
|Cash & Equivalents at Year End||774M||102M||674M||74M||747M||132M||394M||69M||1.38B||769M|
- The cash flow statement comprises cash flow from financing, cash flow from operations and cash flow from investing activities.
- Consolidated Edison has a cash of 574M on hand. A healthy amount of cash on hand is necessary for any company. Cash has an opportunity cost associated with it, and too much cash in bank may mean that the firm has no growth plans. Hence its important to track the Net Change in Cash and Cash Equivalents.
- Consolidated Edison increased its cash from operating activities to 1.03B in 2014-Q2. Operating activities includes production of goods or creating a product or providing a service, and collecting payment for the same from customers. The cash generated from these activities is refered to as Cash Flow from operating activities.
- Growth companies (typically most internet companies) spend heavily on investing activities and this figure was negative at -1233M for ED. Sometimes a company might have a negative overall cash flow which may not be really bad if its due to investment expenses. Hence is important to check the Cash Flow from investment activities.
- Cash Flow from financing activities: Financing activities include the cash that comes into a company in the form of loans or interest earned or shareholders money, as well as the cash that goes out. Consolidated Edison earned 238M from financing activities. in the form of repayment of loans or interest paid, dividend pay-out to shareholders etc.