Consolidated Edison Quarterly Cash Flow Statement 2014 Q2 Q1, 2013 Q4 Q3 Q2
Financial analysis requires an investor to check the cash flow projection of Consolidated Edison company. This report provides details about cash inflows due to the company's business and investment activities, as well cash outflows for a given quarter. This statement breaks down how balance sheet accounts and income affect cash and cash equivalents. Consolidated Edison had a cash and cash equivalents of 100M at beginning of Quarter and - at Quarter end for 2014-Q3. Consolidated Edison had outflow of 2.26B from operating activities, 1.08B spend from financing activities, and 234M gain from investing activities for 2014-Q3. View details of assets and liabilities for Consolidated Edison for latest & last 40 quarters.
|Fiscal year is Jan - Dec.||2014-Q2||2014-Q1||2013-Q4||2013-Q3||2013-Q2||2013-Q1||2012-Q4||2012-Q3||2012-Q2|
Consolidated Edison Net Income Cash Flow
|Depreciation Depletion Amortization Cash-Flow||526M||261M||1.03B||764M||506M||261M||997M||741M||491M|
|Net Increase (Decrease) in Assets Liabilities||9M||-408M||498M||-414M||84M||-551M||-35M||-264M||234M|
|Cash From (used in) Discontinued Operations||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Adjustments Net||148M||10M||-42M||60M||19M||14M||496M||227M||28M|
Consolidated Edison Net Cash from (used by) Operating Activities
|Increase (Decrease) in Prop Plant And Equipment||-1.29B||-606M||-2.76B||-1.99B||-1.34B||-676M||-2.24B||-1.64B||-1.16B|
|Acquisition Disposition of Subsidiaires||108M||-||-||-||-||-||-337M||-286M||-|
|Increase (Decrease) in Investments||-107M||-44M||-82M||-86M||18M||13M||58M||55M||25M|
|Other Cash Inflow (Outflow) from Investment Activities||51M||16M||178M||185M||106M||-||-||-||28M|
Consolidated Edison Net Cash from (used by) Invesment Activities
|Issuance (Purchase) of Equity Shares||-2M||-1M||-8M||-4M||-2M||-1M||-248M||-255M||-251M|
|Issuance (Repayment) of Debt Securities||372M||650M||210M||212M||213M||191M||95M||96M||398M|
|Increase (Decrease) in Bank & Other Borrowings||80M||-621M||912M||681M||753M||482M||539M||340M||800M|
|Payment of Dividends & Other Cash Distributions||-368M||-184M||-721M||-540M||-360M||-180M||-712M||-527M||-352M|
|Other Cash from (used by) Financing Activities||-6M||-6M||-6M||-12M||-12M||-7M||-4M||-4M||-4M|
Consolidated Edison Net Cash from (used by) Financing Activities
|Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Cash||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Consolidated Edison Net Change in Cash & Cash Equivalents
|Cash & Equivalents at Beginning of Year||394M||648M||338M||260M||74M||210M||94M||81M||26M|
|Cash & Equivalents at Year End||774M||102M||674M||74M||747M||132M||394M||69M||1.38B|
- The cash flow statement comprises cash flow from financing, cash flow from operations and cash flow from investing activities.
- Net Change in Cash and Cash Equivalents: Consolidated Edison cash reduced QoQ to - meaning the company is unable to meet its expenditure and grow cash.
- Cash Flow from operating activities: This is the cash that the company receives from ongoing operations. The Consolidated Edison lost 2.26B cash from operations. It is important to check this to see where the company is getting its money from.
- This includes buy/sell of land and equipment, acquisitions and mergers, sell-off, investment in other companies like buying bonds, stocks etc.; and was - for ED in last Quarter report.
- Inflow of cash in the form of bank loans and shareholders equity, and outflow of cash because of dividend payments, share repurchase payments etc. come under financing activities. The cash generated from these activities comes under Cash Flow from financing activities which was - for Consolidated Edison.