Macy's Stock Analysis (NYSE:M)
Macy's Analysis Video
View Macy's stock analysis video. This is our M analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for M stock.
Macy's Inc Stock Rating (2.8/5)
Our Macy's stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Macy's stock analysis is based on latest Q3 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy M stock?
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of over the last 5 years.
- The price to earnings multiple of 10.1 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 20.
- M stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.4 as against the Retail-Regional Dept stores industry average multiple of 0.8.
- Macy's's dividend yield of 4.58% is attractive.
- The LTM ROE of 17% for Macy's is attractive.
Should you sell M stock?
- Macy's has a debt/equity ratio of 1.98, which is worse than the average in the Retail-Wholesale sector.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -6%.