Monsanto Stock Analysis (NYSE:MON)
Monsanto Analysis Video
View Monsanto stock analysis video. This is our MON analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MON stock.
Monsanto Company Stock Rating (3.1/5)
Our Monsanto stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Monsanto stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MON stock?
- Monsanto's revenue growth came in at 8.8% in 2016 Q4.
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of 4.7% over the last 5 years.
- Monsanto's average operating margin of 17.6% was exceptional.
- Net margins came in at average 9.9% for Monsanto over the last twelve months.
- Monsanto has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 11.6%
- Monsanto has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 27.4%.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 74.8%.
Should you sell MON stock?
- Over the last 5 years, the company registered a poor revenue growth of .
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.99, Monsanto is highly leveraged in comparison to Basic Materials peers.
- MON stock is trading at a PS multiple of 3.3, which is a negative when compared to the Agriculture Products industry average multiple of 1.1.