Monsanto Stock Analysis (NYSE:MON)
Monsanto Analysis Video
View Monsanto stock analysis video. This is our MON analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MON stock.
Monsanto Company Stock Rating (3.6/5)
Our Monsanto stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Monsanto stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MON stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Monsanto was 19.4% in 2017 Q1.
- The company saw a significant growth in revenue with a 5 year CAGR of .
- Monsanto's average operating margin of 20.8% was exceptional.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 11.6% (average) for Monsanto in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 50.4 times the net income.
- Monsanto's return on invested capital of 14.3% is good.
- Monsanto has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 37.1%.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 43.2%.
Should you sell MON stock?
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.95, Monsanto is highly leveraged in comparison to Basic Materials peers.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.4, which is overvalued in comparison to the Agriculture Products industry average multiple of 1.4.