Monsanto Stock Analysis (NYSE:MON)
Monsanto Analysis Video
View Monsanto stock analysis video. This is our MON analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MON stock.
Monsanto Company Stock Rating (3.3/5)
Our Monsanto stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Monsanto stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MON stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Monsanto was 8.8% in 2016 Q4.
- The company saw a significant growth in revenue with a 5 year CAGR of 4.7%.
- Monsanto's average operating margin of 17.6% was exceptional.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 9.9% (average) for Monsanto in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- Monsanto generates a high return on invested capital of 11.6%.
- The LTM ROE of 27.4% for Monsanto is attractive.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 74.8%.
Should you sell MON stock?
- Over the last 5 years, the company registered a poor revenue growth of .
- Monsanto has a debt/equity ratio of 1.99, which is worse than the average in the Basic Materials sector.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.4, which is higher in comparison to the Agriculture Products industry average of 1.4, making MON stock expensive.