Monsanto Stock Analysis (NYSE:MON)
Monsanto Analysis Video
View Monsanto stock analysis video. This is our MON analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MON stock.
Monsanto Company Stock Rating (3.5/5)
Our Monsanto stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Monsanto stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy MON stock?
- Monsanto sales grew by 19.4% year on year in 2017 Q1.
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of .
- Monsanto had a healthy average operating margin of 20.8% over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 11.6% for Monsanto over the last twelve months.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 50.4 times the net income.
- Monsanto's return on invested capital of 14.3% is good.
- The LTM ROE of 37.1% for Monsanto is attractive.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 43.2%.
Should you sell MON stock?
- Monsanto has a debt/equity ratio of 1.95, which is worse than the average in the Basic Materials sector.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.4, which is overvalued in comparison to the Agriculture Products industry average multiple of 1.4.