NewStar Financial Annual Cash Flow Statement 2013, 2012
Financial analysis requires an investor to check the cash flow projection of NewStar Financial company. In simple terms, the cash flow statement measures the cash that has come in to the company, and the cash that has gone out during a given period. Items like capital purchases, bank loan payments etc. which have a direct impact on the cash position of a company come out through the cash flow statement report. NewStar Financial spent 56.84M on plant and equipment for 2013. NEWS decrease in investments stood at a negative value of -504.4M for the latest quarter_or_year. View details of assets and liabilities for NewStar Financial for latest & last ten financial years.
|Fiscal year is Jan - Dec.||2013||2012||2011||2010||2009||2008||2007||2006|
NewStar Financial Net Income Cash Flow
|Depreciation Depletion Amortization Cash-Flow||-6.96M||-6.63M||-0.53M||2.04M||-5.69M||-3.98M||3.16M||5.07M|
|Net Increase (Decrease) in Assets Liabilities||56.73M||-2.96M||1.8M||-29.48M||-40.07M||51.08M||-35.1M||-40.23M|
|Cash From (used in) Discontinued Operations||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Adjustments Net||-17.51M||23.36M||31.96M||38.37M||107.42M||23.93M||41.23M||45.51M|
NewStar Financial Net Cash from (used by) Operating Activities
|Increase (Decrease) in Prop Plant And Equipment||-0.77M||-0.2M||2.45M||5.07M||4.86M||-0.15M||-1.11M||-0.28M|
|Acquisition Disposition of Subsidiaires||-||-||-||-25.32M||-||-||-||-|
|Increase (Decrease) in Investments||-||-||-16.58M||0.23M||0.31M||31.07M||147.66M||-923.68M|
|Other Cash Inflow (Outflow) from Investment Activities||-503.63M||-147.61M||-19.82M||255.91M||284.27M||-90.97M||-844.84M||-27.6M|
NewStar Financial Net Cash from (used by) Invesment Activities
|Issuance (Purchase) of Equity Shares||-11.66M||-4.42M||-12.03M||-11.78M||-0.25M||48.57M||71.38M||316.12M|
|Issuance (Repayment) of Debt Securities||360.64M||132.31M||-32.87M||-221.57M||-312.67M||-100.19M||591.62M||445.21M|
|Increase (Decrease) in Bank & Other Borrowings||120.34M||-||-||-||-||-||17.45M||316.53M|
|Payment of Dividends & Other Cash Distributions||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Cash from (used by) Financing Activities||-5.56M||-9.07M||-4.41M||-9.18M||-4.35M||-7.63M||-9.95M||-7.61M|
NewStar Financial Net Cash from (used by) Financing Activities
|Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Cash||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
NewStar Financial Net Change in Cash & Cash Equivalents
|Cash & Equivalents at Beginning of Year||27.21M||18.46M||54.36M||39.84M||50.27M||76.15M||103.26M||1.42M|
|Cash & Equivalents at Year End||43.4M||27.21M||18.46M||54.36M||39.84M||50.27M||76.15M||103.26M|
- The cash flow statement can be categorized into three main sections:
- NewStar Financial has a cash of 24.59M on hand. A healthy amount of cash on hand is necessary for any company. Cash has an opportunity cost associated with it, and too much cash in bank may mean that the firm has no growth plans. Hence its important to track the Net Change in Cash and Cash Equivalents.
- The cash generated from the core business or operations was in the positive at 56.84M for NewStar Financial in the latest Year. For an internet company would include all those activities which go in to selling advertisement space on its website or any online service.
- Cash Flow from investment activities: NewStar Financial lost 356.59M cash from investment activities. It includes the use of cash outside of normal day to day activities like buying fixed assets, plant and machinery etc.
- Cash Flow from financing activities: The cash inflow and outflow from financing was 463.75M for NewStar Financial. The money accounted for this head comes from external sources which includes lenders, investors and shareholders. Positive cash flow is generated when the company gets cash because of issuance of stocks or bonds. Similarly negative cash flow is generated when shares are repurchased, dividend payments are made, and loans or interest on loans are paid back.