NewStar Financial Quarterly Cash Flow Statement 2014 Q2 Q1, 2013 Q4 Q3 Q2
NewStar Financial cash flow statement is one of the three reports that a company generates. This report provides details about cash inflows due to the company's business and investment activities, as well cash outflows for a given quarter. Items like capital purchases, bank loan payments etc. which have a direct impact on the cash position of a company come out through the cash flow statement report. NewStar Financial spent - on plant and equipment for 2014-Q3. NewStar Financial saw a outflow of 1.23B from investing activities for 2014-Q3. View details of assets and liabilities for NewStar Financial for latest & last 40 quarters.
|Fiscal year is Jan - Dec.||2014-Q2||2014-Q1||2013-Q4||2013-Q3||2013-Q2||2013-Q1||2012-Q4||2012-Q3||2012-Q2|
NewStar Financial Net Income Cash Flow
|Depreciation Depletion Amortization Cash-Flow||-2.45M||-2.13M||-6.96M||-4.36M||-3.94M||-0.41M||-6.63M||-3.31M||-2.52M|
|Net Increase (Decrease) in Assets Liabilities||33.32M||3.16M||56.73M||41.84M||32.24M||19.61M||-2.96M||110.29M||33.58M|
|Cash From (used in) Discontinued Operations||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Adjustments Net||-51.07M||-24.87M||-17.51M||-5.44M||-9.19M||-23.73M||23.36M||-69.83M||-38.1M|
NewStar Financial Net Cash from (used by) Operating Activities
|Increase (Decrease) in Prop Plant And Equipment||-0.04M||-||-0.77M||-0.08M||-0.04M||-0.01M||-0.2M||-0.16M||-0.16M|
|Acquisition Disposition of Subsidiaires||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Increase (Decrease) in Investments||6M||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Cash Inflow (Outflow) from Investment Activities||222.83M||79.7M||-503.63M||-302.13M||-125.42M||41.21M||-147.61M||-130.1M||-87.21M|
NewStar Financial Net Cash from (used by) Invesment Activities
|Issuance (Purchase) of Equity Shares||-13.02M||0.08M||-11.66M||-11.02M||-11.24M||-0.24M||-4.42M||-1.97M||-2.39M|
|Issuance (Repayment) of Debt Securities||-64.98M||-75.92M||360.64M||235.67M||112.06M||-42.11M||132.31M||96.57M||98.61M|
|Increase (Decrease) in Bank & Other Borrowings||-120.34M||-5.5M||120.34M||93.04M||51.18M||-||-||-||-|
|Payment of Dividends & Other Cash Distributions||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Cash from (used by) Financing Activities||-4.66M||-0.06M||-5.56M||-4.99M||-0.8M||-0.11M||-9.07M||-3.53M||-3.59M|
NewStar Financial Net Cash from (used by) Financing Activities
|Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Cash||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
NewStar Financial Net Change in Cash & Cash Equivalents
|Cash & Equivalents at Beginning of Year||27.21M||18.46M||54.36M||39.84M||50.27M||76.15M||103.26M||1.42M||-|
|Cash & Equivalents at Year End||53.32M||24.06M||43.4M||87.97M||83.84M||27.58M||27.21M||34.17M||28.39M|
- Common cash flow statement terms are:
- NewStar Financial has a cash of - on hand. A healthy amount of cash on hand is necessary for any company. Cash has an opportunity cost associated with it, and too much cash in bank may mean that the firm has no growth plans. Hence its important to track the Net Change in Cash and Cash Equivalents.
- Cash Flow from operating activities: This is the cash that the company receives from ongoing operations. The NewStar Financial lost 983.15M cash from operations. It is important to check this to see where the company is getting its money from.
- Growth companies (typically most internet companies) spend heavily on investing activities and this figure was negative at - for NEWS. Sometimes a company might have a negative overall cash flow which may not be really bad if its due to investment expenses. Hence is important to check the Cash Flow from investment activities.
- Cash Flow from financing activities: The cash inflow and outflow from financing was - for NewStar Financial. The money accounted for this head comes from external sources which includes lenders, investors and shareholders. Positive cash flow is generated when the company gets cash because of issuance of stocks or bonds. Similarly negative cash flow is generated when shares are repurchased, dividend payments are made, and loans or interest on loans are paid back.