Bankrate Stock Analysis (NYSE:RATE)
Bankrate Analysis Video
View Bankrate stock analysis video. This is our RATE analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for RATE stock.
Bankrate Inc Stock Rating (2.6/5)
Our Bankrate stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Bankrate stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2016. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy RATE stock?
- The price to earnings multiple of 19.8 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 25.6.
- The lower PS ratio 1.9 for RATE stock versus Internet Content industry average of 2.6 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell RATE stock?
- Long term revenue growth of 0.5% over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Over the last twelve months, Bankrate posted an average operating loss margin of -1.3%.
- Bankrate registered an average TTM Net loss of -7.9%.
- Bankrate is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 0.43.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -0.4%, which is a red flag.
- Bankrate has a negative return on equity of -4.8%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.