Schnitzer Steel Industries Stock Analysis (NASDAQ:SCHN)
Schnitzer Steel Industries Analysis Video
View Schnitzer Steel Industries stock analysis video. This is our SCHN analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for SCHN stock.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. Stock Rating (1.8/5)
Our Schnitzer Steel Industries stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Schnitzer Steel Industries stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy SCHN stock?
- Schnitzer Steel Industries has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Basic Materials sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.38.
- When compared with the Steel-Producers industry average PS ratio of 1.4, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.5 for SCHN stock is attractive.
Should you sell SCHN stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of of the last 5 years.
- Over the last twelve months, Schnitzer Steel Industries posted an average operating loss margin of -0.4%.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries registered an average TTM Net loss of -1.1%.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -0.5%, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -3.1% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -1.4%.