Sensata Technologies Annual Cash Flow Statement 2013, 2012
The cash flow statement is one of the reports a publicly traded company needs to disclose. The cash flow statement becomes important because public companies use accrual accounting. For example, if a company sells a product which gets counted as revenue but does not receive payment in the same quarter, it affects the cash position for that period. This statement is of interest to shareholders of the business, potential investors, lendors and creditors, and also accountants who are in charge of payroll and expenses. Sensata Technologies has a cash and cash equivalent of -95.64M. View details of assets and liabilities for Sensata Technologies for latest & last ten financial years.
|Fiscal year is Jan - Dec.||2013||2012||2011||2010||2009||2008|
Sensata Technologies Net Income Cash Flow
|Depreciation Depletion Amortization Cash-Flow||189.58M||204.59M||194.59M||191.7M||230.43M||223.99M|
|Net Increase (Decrease) in Assets Liabilities||-25.92M||21.95M||-71.59M||-22.17M||59.73M||-11.08M|
|Cash From (used in) Discontinued Operations||-||-||-||-||-0.79M||-34.51M|
|Other Adjustments Net||44.05M||-6.71M||176.38M||0.46M||-74.9M||-36.54M|
Sensata Technologies Net Cash from (used by) Operating Activities
|Increase (Decrease) in Prop Plant And Equipment||-81.07M||-49.15M||-89.2M||-52.54M||-14.37M||-38.66M|
|Acquisition Disposition of Subsidiaires||-15.47M||-13.34M||-465.25M||-||-||0.17M|
|Increase (Decrease) in Investments||-||-||-||-||-1.07M||-|
|Other Cash Inflow (Outflow) from Investment Activities||8.9M||-||-||-||0.37M||-0.22M|
Sensata Technologies Net Cash from (used by) Invesment Activities
|Issuance (Purchase) of Equity Shares||-151.12M||16.52M||20.09M||455.39M||-||-|
|Issuance (Repayment) of Debt Securities||-111.66M||-13.34M||-138.53M||-19.35M||-19.24M||-4.08M|
|Increase (Decrease) in Bank & Other Borrowings||-||-||-||-338.34M||-82.23M||18.32M|
|Payment of Dividends & Other Cash Distributions||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Other Cash from (used by) Financing Activities||-141.04M||-16.57M||-34.5M||-||-0.26M||-5.34M|
Sensata Technologies Net Cash from (used by) Financing Activities
|Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Cash||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Sensata Technologies Net Change in Cash & Cash Equivalents
|Cash & Equivalents at Beginning of Year||413.53M||92.12M||493.66M||148.46M||77.71M||60.05M|
|Cash & Equivalents at Year End||317.89M||413.53M||92.12M||493.66M||148.46M||77.71M|
- The cash flow statement comprises cash flow from financing, cash flow from operations and cash flow from investing activities:
- Net Change in Cash and Cash Equivalents: If a firm is able to grow its cash it is considered to be a positive signal, but too much cash on hand can imply the company has no growth plans.
- Cash Flow from operating activities: This is the cash generated from the core business. For an internet company would include all those activities which go in to selling advertisement space on its website or any online service.
- Cash Flow from investment activities: This is the cash generated from investment activities. It includes the use of cash outside of normal day to day activities like buying fixed assets, plant and machinery etc.
- Inflow of cash in the form of bank loans and shareholders equity, and outflow of cash because of dividend payments, share repurchase payments etc. come under financing activities. The cash generated from these activities comes under Cash Flow from investment activities.