Earnings season isn’t over yet. This week, there are still several hundred companies reporting, including some of the most famous names in business.
But not every company has a great earnings track record. It’s not easy to beat every quarter, or nearly every quarter, for years at a time. It’s rare.
It takes good management and a relationship with analysts who clearly know the company. Sometimes it even takes a little bit of luck.
These 5 companies, though, are doing it.
Can they keep their perfect earnings records intact in 2018?
Companies with Perfect Earnings Surprise Records
1. Shopify SHOP hasn’t missed since it’s 2015 IPO. Not only that, it’s earnings beats have been large nearly every quarter. It’s not just beating by a penny. When will the analysts catch up to the good news?
2. Shake Shack SHAK is an example of the principle that the beat isn’t everything. Just because a company hasn’t missed since its 2015 IPO, doesn’t mean that the shares are necessarily going to skyrocket. With Shake Shack, same-shack-sales also come into play. Watch labor costs as well this quarter.
3. AMN Healthcare AMN is overlooked by investors even though it hasn’t missed in 5 years and the shares are hitting new 5-year highs. This medical staffing company seems to be in the right niche just as the economy is heating up.
4. CBS Corporation CBS hasn’t missed in 5 years either, but shares have been all over the map during that time. They have again pulled back off the high. Will the earnings report turn the shares around?
5. Deere & Company DE has a heck of a track record, with no misses in the last 5 years. It managed expectations well in 2013 through 2016 when the agriculture industry went into the doldrums and farmers stopped buying new equipment. It often lowered guidance ahead of time to keep its track record intact. But now, it appears to be a hot construction equipment market which is driving the stock. With shares near 5-year highs, has it lost control of expectations?
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
CBS Corporation (CBS): Free Stock Analysis Report
Shopify Inc. (SHOP): Free Stock Analysis Report
AMN Healthcare Services Inc (AMN): Free Stock Analysis Report
Deere & Company (DE): Free Stock Analysis Report
Shake Shack, Inc. (SHAK): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research