American Electric Power Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:AEP)
Investors can watch the Amigobulls American Electric Power stock analysis video here. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for AEP stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
American Electric Power Company Inc Stock Rating 3.1/5
Amigobulls AEP stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like American Electric Power revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. American Electric Power valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. American Electric Power stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy AEP stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 19.99 for American Electric Power.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 12.1% (average) for American Electric Power in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 2.2797 times the net income.
- American Electric Power's return on invested capital of 4.8 is good.
- The LTM ROE of 10.5 for American Electric Power is attractive.
Should you sell AEP stock?
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -2.8.
Amigobulls American Electric Power stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of AEP stock. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
American Electric Power revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about AEP stock.