Atlantic Power Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:AT)
View the Atlantic Power stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our AT analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Atlantic Power Corp Stock Rating 2.4/5
Amigobulls AT stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like Atlantic Power revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Atlantic Power valuation analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Atlantic Power stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy AT stock?
- When compared with the Utilities sector average PS ratio of 2.1, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.7 for AT stock is attractive.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 42.1.
Should you sell AT stock?
- Atlantic Power sales declined by -46.6% year on year in 2018-06.
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -8.3 over the last 5 years.
- Atlantic Power registered a negative operating margin of -25.03 (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Atlantic Power had an average Net loss of -16%.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 3.99, Atlantic Power is highly leveraged in comparison to Utilities peers.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -5.5, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -26 indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
Atlantic Power Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Atlantic Power stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of AT stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Atlantic Power revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Atlantic Power stock.