Actuant Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:ATU)
Actuant Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of Actuant stock analysis on Amigobulls. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for ATU stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Actuant Corporation Stock Rating 1.4/5
Amigobulls ATU stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Actuant revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q1 earnings. We compare Actuant valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of ATU stock. Actuant stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy ATU stock?
- The lower PS ratio 1.3 for ATU stock versus Machine-Tools and related products industry average of 1.5 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell ATU stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -6.8% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Over the last twelve months, Actuant posted an average operating loss margin of -3.9%.
- Actuant registered an average TTM Net loss of -5.9%.
- Actuant has a debt/equity ratio of 1.07, which is worse than the average in the Industrial Products sector.
- Trading at a PE ratio of 29.7, ATU stock is overvalued in comparison to industry average multiple of 22.6.
- Actuant has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -3.8%.
- A negative ROE of -12.6% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -9.8%.
Actuant Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Actuant stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Actuant revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Actuant stock.