American States Water Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:AWR)
Watch the robo advisor video of American States Water stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our AWR analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
American States Water Co Stock Rating 3.1/5
Amigobulls AWR stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as American States Water revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q2 earnings. American States Water valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Our American States Water stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy AWR stock?
- American States Water had a healthy average operating margin of 27.72 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 15.5% for American States Water over the last twelve months.
- American States Water has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Utilities sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.73.
- American States Water has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 6.8
- American States Water has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 13.
- American States Water has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 5.7.
Should you sell AWR stock?
- American States Water revenue saw a decline of -4.1% YoY in 2018-03.
- Sales declined by -1.5 annually over the last 5 years.
- AWR stock is trading at a PE ratio of 35.9, which is worse than the sector average multiple of 19.6.
- AWR stock is trading at a PS multiple of 5.1, which is a negative when compared to the Utilities sector average multiple of 2.
American States Water Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls American States Water stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of AWR stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
American States Water revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.