Best Buy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:BBY)
Best Buy Stock Analysis
Investors can watch the Amigobulls Best Buy stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for BBY stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Best Buy Co Inc Stock Rating 3.5/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for BBY stock analysis. Best Buy valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Best Buy stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy BBY stock?
- Best Buy's revenue growth came in at 14% in 2018 Q4.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 2.6 times the net income.
- The Best Buy stock currently trades at a price to earnings ratio of 14.9. We rate this as a positive, compared to the industry average of 19.6.
- When compared with the Retail-Consumer Electricals industry average PS ratio of 0.7, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.5 for BBY stock is attractive.
- Best Buy's return on invested capital of 35.8% is good.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Best Buy at 23.5%.
Should you sell BBY stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -3.2% in sales over the last 5 years.
Amigobulls Best Buy stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of BBY stock. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Among the financials of the company, Best Buy revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of BBY technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.