Bemis Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:BMS)
Bemis Stock Analysis
Investors can watch the Amigobulls Bemis stock analysis video here. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for BMS stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Bemis Company, Inc. Stock Rating 2.3/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for BMS stock analysis. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Bemis valuation analysis. Bemis stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy BMS stock?
- The price to earnings multiple of 19.2 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 23.
- When compared with the Containers-Paper-Plastic industry average PS ratio of 1.6, the price-to-sales ratio of 1 for BMS stock is attractive.
Should you sell BMS stock?
- Bemis salesgrew by a marginal 1.6% year over year in 2017 Q4.
- Sales declined by -4.7% annually over the last 5 years.
- Bemis had a poor average operating margin of 2.9% over the last 4 quarters.
- Bemis has a debt/equity ratio of 1.3, which is worse than the average in the Industrial Products sector.
- Bemis has a low ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 2.6%.
Bemis Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Bemis stock analysis to ascertain how BMS stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Bemis revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.