Barnes & Noble Education Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:BNED)
View the Barnes & Noble Education stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our BNED analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Barnes & Noble Education Inc Stock Rating 1.3/5
Amigobulls BNED stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Barnes & Noble Education revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2019 Q1 financial statements. We also check Barnes & Noble Education dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Barnes & Noble Education valuation analysis. Our Barnes & Noble Education stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy BNED stock?
- With its debt/equity ratio of 0.42, Barnes & Noble Education has a lower debt burden when compared to the Consumer Discretionary average.
- When compared with the Consumer Discretionary sector average PS ratio of 1.6, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.1 for BNED stock is attractive.
Should you sell BNED stock?
- Barnes & Noble Education registered a negative operating margin of -11.92 (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Barnes & Noble Education had an average Net loss of -11.5%.
- The company's operations consume more cash than it generates. This is not a healthy sign.
- PE ratio is meaningless for BNED stock as the company has losses.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -29.6, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -41.5 indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -26.3.
Barnes & Noble Education Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Barnes & Noble Education stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Barnes & Noble Education revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about BNED stock.