Baytex Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:BTE)
Watch the robo advisor video of Baytex Energy stock analysis on Amigobulls. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for BTE stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Baytex Energy Corp (USA) Stock Rating 2/5
Amigobulls BTE stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Baytex Energy revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Baytex Energy dividend performance. Baytex Energy valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Our Baytex Energy stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy BTE stock?
- BTE stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.7 as against the Oils-Energy sector average multiple of 1.6.
Should you sell BTE stock?
- Sales declined by -2.1 annually over the last 5 years.
- Baytex Energy posted an average Net loss of -0.6% in the last twelve months.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for BTE stock.
- Baytex Energy has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -0.4, indicating the company is not profitable.
Amigobulls Baytex Energy stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of BTE stock. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Baytex Energy revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Baytex Energy stock.