PEABODY ENERGY Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:BTU)
PEABODY ENERGY Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of PEABODY ENERGY stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for BTU stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
PEABODY ENERGY Stock Rating 3.4/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for BTU stock analysis. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for PEABODY ENERGY valuation analysis. PEABODY ENERGY stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy BTU stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 15.9% for PEABODY ENERGY.
- BTU stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 4 which is better than the industry average of 24.1.
- When compared with the Coal industry average PS ratio of 1.7, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.9 for BTU stock is attractive.
- PEABODY ENERGY's return on invested capital of 7.5% is good.
- PEABODY ENERGY has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 37.3%.
- PEABODY ENERGY has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 26.1%.
Amigobulls PEABODY ENERGY stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
PEABODY ENERGY revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of PEABODY ENERGY stock.