Chicago Bridge & Iron Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:CBI)
CBI Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of Chicago Bridge & Iron stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our CBI analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. Stock Rating 1.2/5
Amigobulls CBI stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q3 financial data like Chicago Bridge & Iron revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Chicago Bridge & Iron valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Our Chicago Bridge & Iron stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy CBI stock?
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of 5.2% over the last 5 years.
- When compared with the Building-Heavy Construction industry average PS ratio of 0.9, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.3 for CBI stock is attractive.
Should you sell CBI stock?
- Chicago Bridge & Iron sales declined by -33.3% year on year in 2017 Q4.
- Over the last twelve months, Chicago Bridge & Iron posted an average operating loss margin of -4.2%.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron posted an average Net loss of -20.6% in the last twelve months.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 10.36.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for CBI stock.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -5.7%, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -124.1% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -13.1%.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Chicago Bridge & Iron stock analysis to ascertain how CBI stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of CBI stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Chicago Bridge & Iron revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of CBI technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.