Chefs' Warehouse Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:CHEF)
Chefs' Warehouse Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Chefs' Warehouse stock analysis video. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for CHEF stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
The Chefs Warehouse, Inc Stock Rating 2.5/5
Amigobulls CHEF stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like Chefs' Warehouse revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We compare Chefs' Warehouse valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of CHEF stock. Chefs' Warehouse stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy CHEF stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Chefs' Warehouse was 10.8% in 2018 Q1.
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 20.6%.
- CHEF stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.6 as against the Food-Misc-Diversified industry average multiple of 1.6.
Should you sell CHEF stock?
- Chefs' Warehouse had an unimpressive average operating margin of 3.3% during the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- Chefs' Warehouse posted a TTM Net margin of 1.2%.
- Chefs' Warehouse has a debt/equity ratio of 1.28, which is worse than the average in the Consumer Staples sector.
- The CHEF stock currently trades at a PE of 54.4, which is expensive, compared to the industry average of 21.4.
- Chefs' Warehouse has a low Return On Equity (ROE) of 7.6%.
Investors can use Amigobulls Chefs' Warehouse stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Among the financials of the company, Chefs' Warehouse revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Chefs' Warehouse stock.