Cloud Peak Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:CLD)
Take a look at Amigobulls Cloud Peak Energy stock analysis video. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for CLD stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Stock Rating 2/5
Amigobulls CLD stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like Cloud Peak Energy revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Cloud Peak Energy valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Cloud Peak Energy stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy CLD stock?
- CLD stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.2 as against the Oils-Energy sector average multiple of 1.7.
Should you sell CLD stock?
- Cloud Peak Energy revenue saw a decline of -10.3% YoY in 2018-06.
- Sales declined by -9.6 annually over the last 5 years.
- Cloud Peak Energy reported an average operating margin of -1.31 over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- Cloud Peak Energy posted an average Net loss of -1.9% in the last twelve months.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for CLD stock.
- Cloud Peak Energy has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -0.3.
- Cloud Peak Energy has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -1.7, indicating the company is not profitable.
- Cloud Peak Energy has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -11.8.
Cloud Peak Energy Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can use Amigobulls Cloud Peak Energy stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of CLD stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
While doing a study of the company financials, Cloud Peak Energy revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether CLD stock is overvalued or undervalued. Investors could make use of CLD technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.