CSX Corp Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:CSX)
Watch the robo advisor video of CSX Corp stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for CSX stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
CSX Corporation Stock Rating 3.5/5
Amigobulls CSX stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like CSX Corp revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We compare CSX Corp valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of CSX stock. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at CSX Corp stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy CSX stock?
- CSX Corp's average operating margin of 35.03 was exceptional.
- LTM Net margins were good at 50.8% for CSX Corp.
- CSX Corp generates a high return on invested capital of 10.5.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for CSX Corp at 45.9.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 22.6.
Should you sell CSX stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -0.6 in sales over the last 5 years.
- Trading at a PE ratio of 25.9, CSX stock is overvalued in comparison to sector average multiple of 18.8.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 5.2, which is overvalued in comparison to the Transportation sector average multiple of 1.5.
CSX Corp Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls CSX Corp stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, CSX Corp revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether CSX stock is overvalued or undervalued. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about CSX stock.