CSX Corp Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:CSX)
CSX Corp Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of CSX Corp stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for CSX stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
CSX Corporation Stock Rating 3.5/5
Amigobulls CSX stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q4 financial data like CSX Corp revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We compare CSX Corp valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of CSX stock. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at CSX Corp stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy CSX stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 32.1% for CSX Corp.
- Net margins came in at average 48% for CSX Corp over the last twelve months.
- CSX Corp's return on invested capital of 10% is good.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for CSX Corp at 45.1%.
Should you sell CSX stock?
- CSX Corp sales shrank by -5.7% year-over-year in 2017 Q4.
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -0.6% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Cash flow from operations is 0.1 times net income which is a negative signal.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 4.3, which is higher in comparison to the Transportation-Rail industry average of 1.4, making CSX stock expensive.
CSX Corp Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls CSX Corp stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, CSX Corp revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether CSX stock is overvalued or undervalued. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about CSX stock.