Cenovus Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:CVE)
Take a look at Amigobulls Cenovus Energy stock analysis video. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for CVE stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Cenovus Energy Inc (USA) Stock Rating 2.6/5
Amigobulls CVE stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Cenovus Energy revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check Cenovus Energy dividend performance. We compare Cenovus Energy valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of CVE stock. Cenovus Energy stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy CVE stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Cenovus Energy was 27.5% in 2018-03.
- When compared with the Oils-Energy sector average PS ratio of 1.8, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.9 for CVE stock is attractive.
- The LTM ROE of 13.5 for Cenovus Energy is attractive.
Should you sell CVE stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -2.7 over the last 5 years.
- Cenovus Energy registered a negative operating margin of -5.67 (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- PE ratio is meaningless for CVE stock as the company has losses.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -2.4, which is a red flag.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -13.9.
Amigobulls Cenovus Energy stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Among the financials of the company, Cenovus Energy revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of CVE technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.