Cenovus Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:CVE)
Cenovus Energy Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Cenovus Energy stock analysis video. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for CVE stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Cenovus Energy Inc (USA) Stock Rating 3.2/5
Amigobulls CVE stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Cenovus Energy revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2017 Q4 financial statements. We also check Cenovus Energy dividend performance. We compare Cenovus Energy valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of CVE stock. Cenovus Energy stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy CVE stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Cenovus Energy was 46.6% in 2017 Q4.
- The lower PS ratio 0.9 for CVE stock versus Oil and Gas-Canada Integrated industry average of 1.8 is a positive for the company.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Cenovus Energy at 20.2%.
- Cenovus Energy has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 5.3%.
Should you sell CVE stock?
- Sales declined by -4.3% annually over the last 5 years.
- Trading at a PE ratio of 167.2, CVE stock is overvalued in comparison to industry average multiple of 24.2.
Amigobulls Cenovus Energy stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Among the financials of the company, Cenovus Energy revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of CVE technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.