DOMINION ENERGY Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:D)
View the DOMINION ENERGY stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for D stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
DOMINION ENERGY Stock Rating 2.9/5
Amigobulls D stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, DOMINION ENERGY revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check DOMINION ENERGY dividend performance. DOMINION ENERGY valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Our DOMINION ENERGY stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy D stock?
- DOMINION ENERGY sales grew by 9.8% year on year in 2018-06.
- DOMINION ENERGY had a healthy average operating margin of 29.52 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 23.7% for DOMINION ENERGY over the last twelve months.
- D stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 18.2 which is better than the sector average of 20.
- DOMINION ENERGY's dividend yield of 4.47 is attractive.
- DOMINION ENERGY has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 16.3.
Should you sell D stock?
- Sales declined by -0.2 annually over the last 5 years.
- D stock is trading at a PS multiple of 3.6, which is a negative when compared to the Utilities sector average multiple of 2.1.
Amigobulls DOMINION ENERGY stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, DOMINION ENERGY revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether D stock is overvalued or undervalued. Investors could make use of D technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.