Dean Foods Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:DF)
Dean Foods Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Dean Foods stock analysis video. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for DF stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Dean Foods Co Stock Rating 2.5/5
Amigobulls DF stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Dean Foods revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q3 earnings. Dean Foods valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Dean Foods stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy DF stock?
- The price to earnings multiple of 11.8 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 23.1.
- The lower PS ratio 0.1 for DF stock versus Food-Dairy Products industry average of 1.5 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell DF stock?
- Dean Foods revenue saw a decline of -4.1% YoY in 2017 Q4.
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -9% over the last 5 years.
- Dean Foods's TTM operating margin of 1.1% was rather poor.
- Dean Foods posted a TTM Net margin of 0.8%.
- Dean Foods has a debt/equity ratio of 1.39, which is worse than the average in the Consumer Staples sector.
Amigobulls Dean Foods stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of DF stock. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Among the financials of the company, Dean Foods revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of DF technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.