Diana Shipping Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:DSX)
Watch the robo advisor video of Diana Shipping stock analysis on Amigobulls. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for DSX stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Diana Shipping Inc. Stock Rating 1.4/5
Amigobulls DSX stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Diana Shipping revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Diana Shipping dividend performance. Diana Shipping valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Our Diana Shipping stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy DSX stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Diana Shipping was 41.6% in 2018-06.
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 0.5.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 33.7.
Should you sell DSX stock?
- Diana Shipping registered a negative operating margin of -225.64 (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Diana Shipping had an average Net loss of -237.6%.
- PE ratio is meaningless for DSX stock as the company has losses.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -32.4, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -57.6 indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
Investors can use Amigobulls Diana Shipping stock analysis as a tool to arrive at accurate conclusions regarding financial health of the company and its valuation. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, Diana Shipping revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether DSX stock is overvalued or undervalued. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.