EOG Resources Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:EOG)
Watch the robo advisor video of EOG Resources stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for EOG stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
EOG Resources Inc Stock Rating 3.6/5
Amigobulls EOG stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, EOG Resources revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check EOG Resources dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for EOG Resources valuation analysis. EOG Resources stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy EOG stock?
- EOG Resources sales grew by 62.2% year on year in 2018-06.
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of 1.1 over the last 5 years.
- EOG Resources had a healthy average operating margin of 18.2 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 27.8% for EOG Resources over the last twelve months.
- EOG Resources has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Oils-Energy sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.37.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 2.7867 times the net income. We see this as a positive signal.
- EOG Resources has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 7.3
- EOG Resources has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 24.7.
- EOG Resources has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 6.2.
Should you sell EOG stock?
- EOG stock is trading at a PE ratio of 33.4, which is worse than the sector average multiple of 20.8.
- EOG stock is trading at a PS multiple of 4.8, which is a negative when compared to the Oils-Energy sector average multiple of 1.6.
EOG Resources Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls EOG Resources stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Among the financials of the company, EOG Resources revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.