Enerplus Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:ERF)
Enerplus Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Enerplus stock analysis video. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for ERF stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Enerplus Corp (USA) Stock Rating 3.7/5
We at Amigobulls use various financial measures including profit margins, revenue growth and dividends for ERF stock analysis. Enerplus valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Enerplus stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy ERF stock?
- Enerplus's revenue growth came in at 31.1% in 2017 Q4.
- The TTM operating margin was good at 27% for Enerplus.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 25.3% (average) for Enerplus in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- The price to earnings multiple of 13.7 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 24.7.
- Enerplus has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 9.1%
- The LTM ROE of 15% for Enerplus is attractive.
Should you sell ERF stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -11% in sales over the last 5 years.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 4, which is higher in comparison to the Oil and Gas-Canada E and P industry average of 1.5, making ERF stock expensive.
Amigobulls Enerplus stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Among the financials of the company, Enerplus revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of ERF technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.