Essendant Inc Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:ESND)
Essendant Inc Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Essendant Inc stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for ESND stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Essendant Inc Stock Rating 1.8/5
Amigobulls ESND stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as Essendant Inc revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2017 Q4 earnings. Essendant Inc valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Essendant Inc stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy ESND stock?
- ESND stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 14 which is better than the industry average of 21.6.
- The lower PS ratio 0.1 for ESND stock versus Consumer Discretionary-Misc industry average of 1.6 is a positive for the company.
- Essendant Inc's dividend yield of 5.96% is attractive.
Should you sell ESND stock?
- Essendant Inc revenue saw a decline of -4.5% YoY in 2017 Q4.
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -0.2% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Over the last twelve months, Essendant Inc posted an average operating loss margin of -4.8%.
- Over the last 12 months, Essendant Inc had an average Net loss of -5.3%.
- Essendant Inc is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 1.01.
- Essendant Inc has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -20.5%.
- Essendant Inc has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -44.9%, indicating the company is not profitable.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -2.8%.
Essendant Inc Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Essendant Inc stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, Essendant Inc revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether ESND stock is overvalued or undervalued. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about ESND stock.