Facebook Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:FB)
Facebook Stock Analysis
Our Facebook stock analysis covers the fundamental, valuation and peer analysis of the stock. The company which made Mark Zuckerberg the second youngest self-made billionaire went public on May 18, 2012. In our Facebook stock analysis, we cover financial details and other important events affecting this online social media and social networking service giant.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Facebook Inc Stock Rating 4.5/5
Should you buy FB stock?
- Facebook sales grew by 47.3% year on year in 2017 Q4.
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 51.5%.
- Facebook had a healthy average operating margin of 49.7% over the last 4 quarters.
- LTM Net margins were good at 39.2% for Facebook.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 1.8 times the net income. We see this as a positive signal.
- Facebook generates a high return on invested capital of 44%.
- Facebook has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 23.9%.
- Facebook has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 41.7%.
Should you sell FB stock?
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 12.7, which is overvalued in comparison to the Internet Services industry average multiple of 2.9.
Facebook Related Company Stock Videos
While doing a Facebook stock price analysis one needs to take a look at the various factors affecting the stock price. The company had a market cap of $104 billion at the time of its IPO, and went on to become one of the biggest internet IPO’s of its time by raising $16 billion. However the public offering turned out to be a disaster with various problems like Nasdaq glitches, insiders dumping stocks which accounted for 57% of the shares being sold, the lead underwriters hiking the price to $38, to name a few. Though profitable, the company did not have a clear mobile strategy at the time. The company has been posting impressive numbers Facebook revenue figures. We are more optimistic about our Facebook stock analysis especially when compared with other social sites like Twitter. Also, if one sees Facebook stock price history or for that matter Facebook PE ratio chart, one sees that the company has enjoyed premium valuations.
Facebook market analysis reveals that it is the most prominent social networking website in most of the English speaking countries like the US, Canada and UK.Some of Facebook’s main competitors include Google+, owned by Google (GOOG), LinkedIn (LNKD), Twitter (TWTR), Yelp (YELP), Groupon (GRPN), and Tumblr. It also competes with companies such as Pinterest, Snapchat, Flickr, and Myspace. Facebook owns a significant chunk of the mobile advertising market, and its share is expected to grow in the coming years at the expense of competitors like Google, according to many analysts. That’s got to sting for Google, which runs the world’s most popular mobile operating system and owns seven products with a billion users each. Facebook assets account for $21.65 billion as of 2015.