Foundation Medicine Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:FMI)
Foundation Medicine Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of Foundation Medicine stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for FMI stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Foundation Medicine Inc Stock Rating 2.1/5
Amigobulls FMI stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q3 financial data like Foundation Medicine revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We compare Foundation Medicine valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of FMI stock. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Foundation Medicine stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you sell FMI stock?
- Foundation Medicine registered a negative operating margin of -105.3% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Foundation Medicine had an average Net loss of -105.6%.
- Foundation Medicine is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 1.9.
- PE ratio is meaningless for FMI stock as the company has losses.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 19.6, which is higher in comparison to the Medical-Information Systems industry average of 6, making FMI stock expensive.
- Foundation Medicine has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -536.5%.
- Foundation Medicine has a negative return on equity of -169.7%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -76.8%.
Foundation Medicine Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Foundation Medicine stock analysis to ascertain how FMI stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
While doing a study of the company financials, Foundation Medicine revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether FMI stock is overvalued or undervalued. Investors could make use of FMI technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.