Fred's Stock Analysis (NASDAQ:FRED)
Fred's Analysis Video
View Fred's stock analysis video. This is our FRED analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for FRED stock.
Fred's, Inc. Stock Rating (1.3/5)
Our Fred's stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Fred's stock analysis is based on latest Q4 earnings for 2017. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy FRED stock?
- FRED stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.3 as against the Retail-Discount and variety industry average multiple of 0.7.
Should you sell FRED stock?
- Fred's sales declined by -4.5% year on year in 2017 Q4.
- Long term revenue growth of 2.5% over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Over the last twelve months, Fred's posted an average operating loss margin of -3.5%.
- Fred's posted an average Net loss of -3.1% in the last twelve months.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for FRED stock.
- Fred's has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -13.5%.
- Fred's has a negative return on equity of -17.5%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- Fred's has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -8.2%.