Fred's Stock Analysis (NASDAQ:FRED)
Fred's Analysis Video
View Fred's stock analysis video. This is our FRED analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for FRED stock.
Fred's, Inc. Stock Rating (1.2/5)
Our Fred's stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Fred's stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2018. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy FRED stock?
- The lower PS ratio 0.1 for FRED stock versus Retail-Discount and variety industry average of 0.7 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell FRED stock?
- Fred's revenue saw a decline of -3.1% YoY in 2018 Q1.
- Long term revenue growth of 2.2% over the past 5 years has been disappointing.
- Over the last twelve months, Fred's posted an average operating loss margin of -5.3%.
- Over the last 12 months, Fred's had an average Net loss of -4.9%.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for FRED stock.
- Fred's has a negative ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of -21.1%.
- A negative ROE of -29.1% indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -3.9%.