Freshpet Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:FRPT)
Take a look at Amigobulls Freshpet stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for FRPT stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Freshpet Inc Stock Rating 1.4/5
Amigobulls FRPT stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Freshpet revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Freshpet dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Freshpet valuation analysis. Freshpet stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you sell FRPT stock?
- Freshpet reported an average operating margin of -2.9 over the Last Twelve Months (LTM).
- Freshpet posted an average Net loss of -3.3% in the last twelve months.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for FRPT stock.
- FRPT stock is trading at a PS multiple of 7.2, which is a negative when compared to the Consumer Staples sector average multiple of 1.6.
- Freshpet has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -5.1, indicating the company is not profitable.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Freshpet stock analysis to ascertain how FRPT stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamental analysis of a company is the most often used approach to find the intrinsic value of a stock.
Freshpet revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Freshpet stock.