First Solar Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:FSLR)
Watch the robo advisor video of First Solar stock analysis on Amigobulls. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for FSLR stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
First Solar, Inc. Stock Rating 2.9/5
Amigobulls FSLR stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial data like First Solar revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. First Solar valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. First Solar stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy FSLR stock?
- With its debt/equity ratio of 0.08, First Solar has a lower debt burden when compared to the Oils-Energy average.
- The First Solar stock currently trades at a price to earnings ratio of 17.3, compared to the sector average of 22.3. We rate this as a positive.
Should you sell FSLR stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -6.3 over the last 5 years.
- Over the last 12 months, First Solar had an average Net loss of -3.5%.
- The company's operations consume more cash than it generates. This is not a healthy sign.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -2.4, which is a red flag.
- A negative ROE of -1.7 indicates that the company is not able to generate profits with the money shareholders have invested.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -39.3.
Amigobulls First Solar stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of FSLR stock. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
First Solar revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Investors could make use of FSLR technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.