Gulf Island Fabrication Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:GIFI)
GIFI Stock Analysis
Investors can watch the Amigobulls Gulf Island Fabrication stock analysis video here. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for GIFI stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. Stock Rating 1.4/5
Amigobulls GIFI stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q4 financial data like Gulf Island Fabrication revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Gulf Island Fabrication valuation analysis. Gulf Island Fabrication stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy GIFI stock?
- When compared with the Oil Field Machines and equipment industry average PS ratio of 1.7, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.8 for GIFI stock is attractive.
Should you sell GIFI stock?
- Gulf Island Fabrication revenue saw a decline of -32.8% YoY in 2017 Q4.
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -20% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Gulf Island Fabrication registered a negative operating margin of -40% (average) over the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM).
- Over the last 12 months, Gulf Island Fabrication had an average Net loss of -26.2%.
- PE ratio is meaningless for GIFI stock as the company has losses.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -20.2%, which is a red flag.
- Gulf Island Fabrication has a negative return on equity of -18.2%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -27.1%.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Gulf Island Fabrication stock analysis to ascertain how GIFI stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Gulf Island Fabrication revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.