Gildan Activewear Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:GIL)
Gildan Activewear Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Gildan Activewear stock analysis video. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for GIL stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Gildan Activewear Inc (USA) Stock Rating 3.5/5
Amigobulls GIL stock analysis uses latest quarter 2017 Q3 financial data like Gildan Activewear revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Gildan Activewear valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Gildan Activewear stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy GIL stock?
- Gildan Activewear's revenue growth came in at 11.2% in 2017 Q4.
- Gildan Activewear had a healthy average operating margin of 14.6% over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 13.2% (average) for Gildan Activewear in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- Gildan Activewear has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Consumer Discretionary sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.31.
- The company has an operating cash flow which is 3.6 times the net income. We see this as a positive signal.
- The price to earnings multiple of 16.8 is attractive when compared with the industry average PE ratio of 23.2.
- Gildan Activewear generates a high return on invested capital of 14%.
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Gildan Activewear at 17.4%.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 25.5%.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Gildan Activewear stock analysis to ascertain how GIL stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of GIL stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
Among the financials of the company, Gildan Activewear revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. Investors could make use of GIL technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.