Hess Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:HES)
View the Hess stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our HES analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Hess Corp. Stock Rating 1.9/5
Amigobulls HES stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Hess revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check Hess dividend performance. We compare Hess valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of HES stock. Hess stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you sell HES stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -29.8 in sales over the last 5 years.
- Over the last twelve months, Hess posted an average operating loss margin of -90.13.
- Hess registered an average TTM Net loss of -69.1%.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for HES stock.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.7, which is overvalued in comparison to the Oils-Energy sector average multiple of 1.8.
- -17.4's negative ROIC of -17.4 indicates operational inefficiency.
- Hess has a negative return on equity of -27.9. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -13.2.
Hess Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Hess stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of HES stock. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Among the financials of the company, Hess revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about HES stock.