Hess Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:HES)
Hess Stock Analysis
View the Hess stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our HES analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Hess Corp. Stock Rating 2/5
Amigobulls HES stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Hess revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check Hess dividend performance. We compare Hess valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of HES stock. Hess stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you sell HES stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -29.8% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Over the last twelve months, Hess posted an average operating loss margin of -90.1%.
- Hess posted an average Net loss of -69.1% in the last twelve months.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 8.63, Hess is highly leveraged in comparison to Oils-Energy peers.
- PE ratio is meaningless for HES stock as the company has losses.
- HES stock is trading at a PS multiple of 3.6, which is a negative when compared to the Oil and Gas-US Integrated industry average multiple of 1.8.
- Hess's negative ROIC of -17.7% indicates operational inefficiency.
- Hess has a negative ROE (Return On Equity) of -33.3%, indicating the company is not profitable.
- The company has a negative free cash flow margin of -13.2%.
Hess Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls Hess stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of HES stock. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Among the financials of the company, Hess revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about HES stock.