Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:HMHC)
Watch the robo advisor video of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt stock analysis on Amigobulls. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for HMHC stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co Stock Rating 1.2/5
Amigobulls HMHC stock analysis uses latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial data like Houghton Mifflin Harcourt revenue growth, profit margins and cash flows. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt valuation analysis is based on relative valuation multiples like PE ratio and price to sales ratio. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy HMHC stock?
- The lower PS ratio 0.6 for HMHC stock versus Business Services sector average of 1.6 is a positive for the company.
Should you sell HMHC stock?
- Over the last twelve months, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt posted an average operating loss margin of -7.4.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt registered an average TTM Net loss of -6%.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has a debt/equity ratio of 1.02, which is worse than the average in the Business Services sector.
- The lack of profits renders the PE ratio useless for HMHC stock.
- -4.2's negative ROIC of -4.2 indicates operational inefficiency.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has a negative return on equity of -10.9. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
- The company has negative Free Cash Flows (FCF), with a negative FCF margin of -49.6.
Amigobulls Houghton Mifflin Harcourt stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of HMHC stock. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
While doing a study of the company financials, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether HMHC stock is overvalued or undervalued. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.