Imax Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:IMAX)
Take a look at Amigobulls Imax stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for IMAX stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
IMAX Corporation (USA) Stock Rating 2.8/5
Amigobulls IMAX stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Imax revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q1 financial statements. We also check Imax dividend performance. Imax valuation forms a crucial part of our stock analysis. Our Imax stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy IMAX stock?
- Imax sales grew by 23.8% year on year in 2018-03.
- Revenue growth has been tremendous with a compounded annual growth of 7.3 over the last 5 years.
- Imax had a healthy average operating margin of 12.14 over the last 4 quarters.
- Imax has a lower debt burden than its peers in the Consumer Discretionary sector, with a debt/equity ratio of 0.04.
- Imax has a healthy FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of 10.4.
Should you sell IMAX stock?
- IMAX stock is trading at a PE ratio of 48.2, which is worse than the sector average multiple of 22.9.
- IMAX stock is trading at a PS multiple of 3.7, which is a negative when compared to the Consumer Discretionary sector average multiple of 1.6.
Amigobulls Imax stock analysis helps in evaluating the financial statements of a company to arrive at a conclusion about the fair value of IMAX stock. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Imax revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Along with fundamentals, investors can utilize technical analysis to get a better idea about the price trend of Imax stock.