Ion Geophysical Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:IO)
Ion Geophysical Stock Analysis
Take a look at Amigobulls Ion Geophysical stock analysis video. This video puts forward our latest analysis highlighting the pros and cons for IO stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Ion Geophysical Corp Stock Rating 2.1/5
Amigobulls IO stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Ion Geophysical revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2017 Q4 financial statements. We also check Ion Geophysical dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Ion Geophysical valuation analysis. Ion Geophysical stock rating is our opinion about the business fundamentals of the company.
Should you buy IO stock?
- The Year Over Year (YoY) revenue growth for Ion Geophysical was 63.7% in 2017 Q4.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 31.1%.
Should you sell IO stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -17.8% over the last 5 years.
- Over the last twelve months, Ion Geophysical posted an average operating loss margin of -4.4%.
- Ion Geophysical registered an average TTM Net loss of -15.3%.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 5.09, Ion Geophysical is highly leveraged in comparison to Oils-Energy peers.
- The company does not have profits. Hence the PE ratio is meaningless for IO stock.
- The company has a negative Return on Invested Capital of -3.5%, which is a red flag.
- Ion Geophysical has a negative return on equity of -89.2%. This indicates that the firm is inefficient at generating profits.
Amigobulls Ion Geophysical stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of IO stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
While doing a study of the company financials, Ion Geophysical revenue growth and profit or net income are two main metrics which help in identifying whether IO stock is overvalued or undervalued. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.