Illinois Tool Works Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:ITW)
Watch the robo advisor video of Illinois Tool Works stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our ITW analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. Stock Rating 3.6/5
Amigobulls ITW stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Illinois Tool Works revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check Illinois Tool Works dividend performance. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for Illinois Tool Works valuation analysis. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at Illinois Tool Works stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy ITW stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 24.6 for Illinois Tool Works.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 12.7% (average) for Illinois Tool Works in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- Illinois Tool Works's return on invested capital of 17.8 is good.
- The LTM ROE of 42.1 for Illinois Tool Works is attractive.
Should you sell ITW stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -2.7 over the last 5 years.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.96, Illinois Tool Works is highly leveraged in comparison to Industrial Products peers.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.1, which is higher in comparison to the Industrial Products sector average of 1.5, making ITW stock expensive.
Illinois Tool Works Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Illinois Tool Works stock analysis to ascertain how ITW stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
Illinois Tool Works revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about ITW stock.