Macy's Stock Analysis (NYSE:M)
Macy's Analysis Video
View Macy's stock analysis video. This is our M analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for M stock.
Macy's Inc Stock Rating (3/5)
Our Macy's stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Macy's stock analysis is based on latest Q1 earnings for 2018. The stock price analysis takes into account a company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy M stock?
- The operating cash flow looks good at 3.3 times the net income.
- M stock is trading at an earnings multiple of 7.9 which is better than the industry average of 17.2.
- M stock is trading at a favorable price to sales multiple of 0.3 as against the Retail-Regional Dept stores industry average multiple of 0.7.
- Macy's's dividend yield of 6.46% is attractive.
Should you sell M stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -1% in sales over the last 5 years.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.56, Macy's is highly leveraged in comparison to Retail-Wholesale peers.