Macy's Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:M)
Macy's Stock Analysis
View Macy's stock analysis video. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for M stock.
Macy's Inc Stock Rating 3.2/5
Our Macy's stock opinion is based on fundamentals of the company. This Macy's stock analysis is based on latest 2018 Q2 earnings. The stock price analysis takes into account the company's valuation metrics.
Should you buy M stock?
- The operating cash flow looks good at 2.6 times the net income.
- The Macy's stock currently trades at a price to earnings ratio of 7.3. We rate this as a positive, compared to the industry average of 17.5.
- When compared with the Retail-Regional Dept stores industry average PS ratio of 0.7, the price-to-sales ratio of 0.3 for M stock is attractive.
- Macy's is a dividend paying stock with a high yield of 7.18%.
- Macy's has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 16.3%.
Should you sell M stock?
- The company saw an average annual sales decline of -1.4% in sales over the last 5 years.
- Macy's has a debt/equity ratio of 1.44, which is worse than the average in the Retail-Wholesale sector.