Medifast Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MED)
Medifast Stock Analysis
Watch the robo advisor video of Medifast stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MED stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
Medifast Inc Stock Rating 3.6/5
Amigobulls MED stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, Medifast revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2017 Q3 financial statements. We also check Medifast dividend performance. We compare Medifast valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of MED stock. Our Medifast stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy MED stock?
- Medifast sales grew by 24.9% year on year in 2017 Q4.
- Medifast had a healthy average operating margin of 13.1% over the last 4 quarters.
- Medifast has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 176.4%
- Return On Equity (ROE) which is a measure of the company's profitability, looks great for Medifast at 26.9%.
Should you sell MED stock?
- Revenue declined at a CAGR of -3.3% over the last 5 years.
- MED stock is trading at a PE ratio of 39.2, which is worse than the industry average multiple of 23.1.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.6, which is overvalued in comparison to the Food-Misc-Diversified industry average multiple of 1.5.
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls Medifast stock analysis to ascertain how MED stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. The fundamentals of a company are vital to identify long-term investment opportunities.
Among the financials of the company, Medifast revenue growth along with the profit or net income give a clear picture of the financial health. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about MED stock.