MGE Energy Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:MGEE)
View the MGE Energy stock analysis video on Amigobulls. Our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MGEE stock is shown in the video.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
MGE Energy, Inc. Stock Rating 3.4/5
Amigobulls MGEE stock analysis takes into account various financial ratios like relative valuation, MGE Energy revenue, growth and return on equity based on latest quarter 2018 Q2 financial statements. We also check MGE Energy dividend performance. We compare MGE Energy valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of MGEE stock. MGE Energy stock rating encapsulates our opinion about the company based on the fundamentals.
Should you buy MGEE stock?
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 0.2.
- The TTM operating margin was good at 21.64 for MGE Energy.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 17.4% (average) for MGE Energy in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- With its debt/equity ratio of 0.54, MGE Energy has a lower debt burden when compared to the Utilities average.
- MGE Energy's return on invested capital of 7.9 is good.
- The LTM ROE of 13 for MGE Energy is attractive.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 5.9.
Should you sell MGEE stock?
- The MGEE stock currently trades at a PE of 28.6, which is expensive, compared to the sector average of 20.1.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 4.1, which is higher in comparison to the Utilities sector average of 2.1, making MGEE stock expensive.
MGE Energy Related Company Stock Videos
Amigobulls MGE Energy stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Company's fundamentals remain one of the key driver of MGEE stock and helps investors in making good buy and sell decision.
MGE Energy revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. One can also combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis to get a holistic picture about MGEE stock.