MKS Instruments Stock Analysis, Valuation (NASDAQ:MKSI)
MKS Instruments Stock Analysis
View the MKS Instruments stock analysis video on Amigobulls. This is our analyst opinion covering the buy and sell arguments for MKSI stock.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
MKS Instruments, Inc. Stock Rating 3.9/5
Amigobulls MKSI stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as MKS Instruments revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q1 earnings. We also use relative valuation metrics like PE ratio and price to sales ratio for MKS Instruments valuation analysis. Our MKS Instruments stock rating is based on company's fundamentals like balance sheet risk and cash flow position.
Should you buy MKSI stock?
- MKS Instruments sales grew by 26.8% year on year in 2018 Q1.
- Long term revenue growth has been strong with a 5 year compounded annual growth of 27.9%.
- MKS Instruments's average operating margin of 22.4% was exceptional.
- Net margins came in at average 18.7% for MKS Instruments over the last twelve months.
- The MKS Instruments stock currently trades at a price to earnings ratio of 16.4. We rate this as a positive, compared to the industry average of 25.1.
- MKS Instruments's return on invested capital of 22.8% is good.
- MKS Instruments has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 25.2%.
- The company has a good Free Cash Flow (FCF) margin of 11.4%.
Should you sell MKSI stock?
- Cash flow from operations is low at 0.7 times the net income.
Amigobulls MKS Instruments stock analysis helps investors in understanding how the company's fundamentals have performed in the last few quarters. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
MKS Instruments revenue growth is an indicator of the demand for a company's products while profit margin is indicative of company's pricing power and pricing strategy. Technical analysis comes in handy to check whether the market sentiment is in line with the fundamental picture of the company.