3M Co Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MMM)
Watch the robo advisor video of 3M Co stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our MMM analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
3M Co Stock Rating 2.9/5
Amigobulls MMM stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as 3M Co revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q1 earnings. We compare 3M Co valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of MMM stock. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at 3M Co stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy MMM stock?
- 3M Co had a healthy average operating margin of 21.87 over the last 4 quarters.
- Net margins came in at average 12.8% for 3M Co over the last twelve months.
- 3M Co has an attractive ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) of 16
- 3M Co has a good Return On Equity (ROE) of 35.9.
Should you sell MMM stock?
- 3M Co is debt laden and has a high debt/equity ratio of 1.42.
- Cash flow from operations is low at 0.2375 times the net income.
- MMM stock is trading at a PS multiple of 3.7, which is a negative when compared to the Multi-Sector Conglomerates sector average multiple of 1.7.
- 3M Co has a negative FCF (Free Cash Flow) margin of -0.9.
3M Co Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls 3M Co stock analysis to ascertain how MMM stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
3M Co revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Investors could make use of MMM technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.