3M Co Stock Analysis, Valuation (NYSE:MMM)
Watch the robo advisor video of 3M Co stock analysis on Amigobulls. Our MMM analysis video highlights revenue and profit trends along with other important metrics such as valuation to find what makes the stock attractive.
Note: Amigobulls stock rating is our opinion based on the historical performance of the company's fundamentals. It is not indicative of the future performance of the stock.
3M Co Stock Rating 3.4/5
Amigobulls MMM stock analysis relies on business fundamentals such as 3M Co revenue growth, profits and return on equity measures from the latest quarter 2018 Q2 earnings. We compare 3M Co valuation with its sector peers to gauge relative attractiveness of MMM stock. Based on a company's historical fundamentals we arrive at 3M Co stock rating which is indicative of the company's financial performance.
Should you buy MMM stock?
- The TTM operating margin was good at 19.06 for 3M Co.
- Net margins stood at a healthy 13.4% (average) for 3M Co in the Trailing Twelve Months.
- 3M Co's return on invested capital of 14.5 is good.
- The LTM ROE of 38.7 for 3M Co is attractive.
- The company has a healthy free cash flow margin of 18.4.
Should you sell MMM stock?
- Revenue growth of 1.6 has been weak over the last 5 years.
- With a debt/equity ratio of 1.39, 3M Co is highly leveraged in comparison to Multi-Sector Conglomerates peers.
- The company is trading at a price to sales multiple of 3.7, which is higher in comparison to the Multi-Sector Conglomerates sector average of 1.7, making MMM stock expensive.
3M Co Related Company Stock Videos
Investors can make use of the Amigobulls 3M Co stock analysis to ascertain how MMM stock fares in fundamental analysis investment criteria. Fundamentals of a company give detailed information which helps in making invesment decisions.
3M Co revenue growth and profit or net income are the main underlying forces which could detremine the direction of the share price. Investors could make use of MMM technical analysis to check whether the fundamental story is reflected in the market sentiment.